What hose is this (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You are going down a rabbit hole but thats the life if you plan on keeping truck. You got to start somewhere but eventually you'll need to replace lots of items. I feel its better before you have a road trip disaster but from what i have seen of your truck so far i would replace heater valve and do the PHH repair. I personally like the workaround kit and its easier to do.

You will most likely need to do most of the rubber hoses on the engine. They become brittle with age.

Yes. I totally agree. I will do the upper hoses and phh now along with the vacuum hose and bushing. I will keep the rear heater for the Big Bear road trips. I'm sure I'm slow so again what is the name of Ben's company?

I use my rear heat quite often and would not suggest losing it unless there is an issue. Its hard to heat that entire truck on cold days with just front heater.

I use mine as well, but for a different reason. If I run the rear heat ONLY, it heats the vehicle just enough to keep things warm. Unless I need to defrost my windshield in the morning....I almost never run the heater up front. It doesn't get that cold here.

Got my parts list together. Are the torque clamps necessary and do I need to drain the radiator to do the PHH?

No not necessary but why would you not use them and no you only lose a little fluid.

Just the price difference between 13 claps at $5 each vers about a buck. Just wondered if what the reason is for them.

Got my parts list together. Are the torque clamps necessary and do I need to drain the radiator to do the PHH?

Constant torque clamps make good sense in certain areas. Critical applications in hard to reach places (PHH for instance).

Otherwise....I wouldn't bother with putting them everywhere unless you just like things to match or are a World Class Worrier. ;)

developing a "relationship" with your local Cruiser gurus or Toyota dealership isn't going to be a bad thing over time . . .

also check out the Clubhouse forum closest to you, they know the best local vendors

Ok. Got the heater control valve changed along with the associated hose except for two. I need help identifying them. They are the two that go from the passenger side through the fire wall. See picture. I was unable to get them off. Are the short or do they go through the fire wall. Thanks for the help. Sorry I'm a pita

20190303_134120.jpg

I would be much more concerned about the heater valve, that is a ticking bomb, about ready to go boom! The vacuum hose looks fine.
Never remove without a new one in-hand, Unless you have replaced it yourself.

Had hoses and clamps on hand. Just could not get them off with out destroying them. I thought I read o e is a hose that goes through the fire wall

Ok. Got the heater control valve changed along with the associated hose except for two. I need help identifying them. They are the two that go from the passenger side through the fire wall. See picture. I was unable to get them off. Are the short or do they go through the fire wall. Thanks for the help. Sorry I'm a pita

View attachment 1918827
Wider shot?

The first photo of the engine bay has a red circle of the location of the two hose in question. In the second photo you can see two small hoses one out the back of the tee into the fire wall and the other out the bottom of the tee and into the fire wall. I wanted to replace both but could not get them off and did not want to damage what they are connected to. So my question is are they connected to metal pipes through the fire wall and if so can I cut them off without damaging anything?

20190304_164721.jpg

20190303_134120.jpg

lower is the rear heater. I ditched mine a while back and I did many sub zero drives up in vermont. Wear a jacket and blast front heat, the car will warm up.

33D1A4EA-4C1B-49B5-9C89-83651BDB4029.jpeg

5B21E937-FD63-4E44-8916-541A6EE5DF29.jpeg

the rear heater outlet is under the heater core hose going horizontal in the second picture. left it unplugged. My rear heater metal lines were rusted beyond dealing with.

Late to this post, but Toyota Carlsbad offers 20% percent off parts for 20 year old vehicles. In addition your local Beach n Toys chapter membership get you 20% percent off any parts as well. Ask for Russ or Adam. They've got the goods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom