What HID/Xenon options do we have for OEM looking headlights? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Kabanstva

SILVER Star
Threads
Long story short, is it possible to get HIDs that don’t piss off oncoming traffic while retaining the OEM headlight look? I think clear/chrome and black housing lights look tacky as hell and just scream ebay Chinese junk. Would like to retain a somewhat subtle OEM appearance. I’d rather keep the stock light output than rice out my 80 like it’s some sort of Honda Civic.

I’d rather keep the stock light output than rice out my 80 like it’s some sort of Honda Civic.
Sounds like you should keep it stock, then, since you're the only one who knows your subjective taste.

There are already plenty of threads on Depo and other aftermarket housings.

Not much without going HIR 9005s or Depo retrofits (for projectors) to keep OEM-ish looks. I started with the HIR 9005 mods which is as good as you're going to get with an OEM housing. After spending a lot on gaining better headlights, I now have bi-xenon HIDs in 7" housings, I'd take a totally different route facing this as a new project.

I would start off with a set of Diode Dynamics SS3 Max SAE/Fog lights. Their intensity, width and cutoff are amazing. I'd leave the OEM lights alone and start there. I'm flush mounting a set in my bumper. They also offer the SSC2 (in Sport and Pro) which is a slim package that can easily fit into the vents in the bumper to maintain an OEM look.

Check them out here: LED Light Pods | SS3 LED Pods | SSC2 LED Pods - https://www.diodedynamics.com/off-road-auxiliary-led/led-pods.html

Great YouTube video showing beam patterns, specs and competitor comparison:

My wife's RX300 has ZERO options to improve her lighting (OEM HID with fogged up lenses priced at $700-1600 EACH) so I'll be incorporating SSC2's into her tiny grille under the hood, should look great and really open up visibility (especially to the sides).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom