What have you spray painted? and am I crazy? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2000UZJ

Where's My Hammer?
Threads
Not really tech. But since my parents have given me strange looks as im outside spray painting various things on my 100, i figured id ask

1) am I overboard with the spray paint?
2) what next :hillbilly:

also, my dad said "nobody spray paints stuff on a 65K truck". Id like to see a few other people speak up and say what they have painted.

DSC00395hightlights.jpg

DSC00397highlights.jpg

Its only a few things. not "overkill", but id like a few opinions on the location of the painting and what I should do next...the rear emblem is drying, and its raining tommrow. Should I put something over the holes?

Spray painted the trailer hitch which was rusty and on the tailgate where it's rusting. I hate rust

I spray-painted the D-pillar vents, the grill, all of the door trim, the mirrors, and the center of the hood. I agree you don't do it on a $65K truck, but mine was only $16K and it's probably worth like $12K!

Any pics of the hood? I'm interested. Maybe a matte silver on my hood.

I did the rims, grill, front and rear "sombrero" emblems (removed the rest), rear bumper cover and side mldg. Wife thinks I'm an idiot, but like has already been said, it's not a $65K truck ANYMORE!
IMG_6864.JPG

I am just getting ready to spay my roof rack....it's peeled off and has a silverish color...wondering whether to remove the rack and paint or just cover the roof and spray while the rack is on...

I am just getting ready to spay my roof rack....it's peeled off and has a silverish color...wondering whether to remove the rack and paint or just cover the roof and spray while the rack is on...

Remove it. It takes 15 minutes if your retarded. Taping your WHOLE roof off would take a roll of tape and a weeks worth of newspaper.

Did my grille before I rhinoed it, wheels before I powdercoated them, roof rack, sliders, all emblems, lip under my front fender, under my tailgate and my third brake light. All in some sort of not-so-glossy black paint.

Last edited:
I did my third brake light too. ( I stole your idea)

Forgo tabout that.

What are you guys going to do when blacking things out goes out of style and gold trim is all the rage again? :grinpimp:

I'll sell you gold plating equipment!
DSCN1753.jpg

What are you guys going to do when blacking things out goes out of style and gold trim is all the rage again? :grinpimp:

Who cares! Mullets went out of style a long time ago and I still wear mine proudly!!!
mullet.jpg

I thought spray paint was for taggers... :confused:

I need to rattlecan the TJM rear bumper and sliders.

Oh, and when was that truck $65K?????

Gotcha. My 2002 was $51.5 off the floor in 2002.

I pulled that number out of my ass. What's a fully equiped 100 brand new? 50K? Back in 1999 and 2000 pricing new.

Ok ok ok. A 10K truck now...

Ah. Sweet stuff. Can't remember what ours was. We got ours December of 99.

Mac- isn't your front tjm oxidizing? If that's what you have upfront.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom