What have you spray painted? and am I crazy? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Big time. I got a quote to PC it for $225. I'm gonna leave it. I can't be bothered taking it off, plus it matches my GT Avalanche MTB!

And I might be the only one with an AL Bull Bar!

Ah. Sweet stuff. Can't remember what ours was. We got ours December of 99.

Mac- isn't your front tjm oxidizing? If that's what you have upfront.

Big time. I got a quote to PC it for $225. I'm gonna leave it. I can't be bothered taking it off, plus it matches my GT Avalanche MTB!

And I might be the only one with an AL Bull Bar!

jump on the bandwagon man! Spraypaint it.

What the hell are you waiting for :) ?

Did you remove the side vents to paint them? They look better black.

BOG - Black Out Grill
IMG00047.jpg

Did you remove the side vents to paint them? They look better black.

BOG - Black Out Grill

Nope. Taped them off carefully. I'll post pictures tommorow when I get home and to my computer.

They do look better black. I might redo in gloss, looks like holes late in the evening.

I'll post better pictures of all the stuff.

I've used only one brand/color to make sure everything matches.

It's Rustoleum High Enamel Flat Black.

It holds up really well. My rims still look like I just did them. Minus two scratches.
No rock chips on the grill. Emblem needs to be repainted. It's peeling slightly.

Last edited:
Loud, truck looks good man! I gotta catch up on a TON of stuff. But I'll get there one day. Your has came a loooooong way in a few months. And it's original and well equiped.

Are you gunna do a tire carrier or snorkel? I don't know what else you can do, what else is left??

He could swap in a 5.7l engine and 6 speed, that way he could keep up with our Land Cruisers.

do you guys know if you can paint over the Duplicolor Spray Bed Liner? I like the texture of it, but wanted a different color and was hoping the other paint will stick.

Or 5.4L stroker, cams, headers and highflow cats/exhaust. Then put on the supercharger at 10psi and watch the transmission have a heart attack

Light primer and a coat of paint should do it. Where/what is it on?

Light primer and a coat of paint should do it. Where/what is it on?

thanks. after testing it out, I think it's definitely doable. it's not for my 100 (at least not yet). i saw the pic of rattle can bedliner on the door bumper panels and got intrigued. i've always tried to figure out how to get the raised texture that's on the back of my Ovation guitar and the Rustoleum rattlecan bedliner is a pretty close resemblance. I was just wondering if it could be painted with a different color to keep the texture. Eventually down the road if I want to paint something on my 100 with some texture, I want the option of other colors besides black.

I'm actually currently putting it on my SV650. I originally wanted to black it out and get rid of the red, but there's plenty of naked bikes out there that are blacked out streetfighter style, so I wanted to go blacked out with texture to stand out a bit. After scoping out all the paint at the hardware store, I started thinking about going with a really dark hunter green in a satin finish to put over the bedliner. My gf's scooter is also going to get some fresh paint, but hers will be much sweeter because i'm going to make it look like a green dragon. The scales are going to be a pain in the butt, but well worth it to me :D

on a side note, something that has nothing to do with repainting but has to do with my 100, i decided to check out the little rec area by the Nimbus Dam in Sac. and found out that it's all beachrock and strong evidence of people wheeling in this like 10+ acre spot on the river. Farted around for about 10 min to check things out and went through a fat water crossing (like 50 feet across and about 3/4 tire deep where i crossed). I was just excited and had to tell someone.

did you see where I did the spray on Bedliner? Or louds setup? Cause I was experimenting with that stuff. I miilght try to color match it though. I never though about painting over the bedliner.

What have you spray painted? My drive shaft. and am I crazy? Yes.

What have you spray painted? My drive shaft. and am I crazy? Yes.
The fact you painted it doesn't make you crazy, if you painted it like a barbers pole that would make you crazy! :D
DMX

It's already getting done LOL

Sweeeeet.

Make sure to add "barber-pole'd" drivehafts to your signature.

I need to spray that window sill on mine. It's fading and looks like crap.

Now I gotta get around to it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom