What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (19 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

changed the oil and put new wheel studs on in the rear

Working on putting some Volvo seats in.
035.jpg

I had big plans to go to cruise Moab so I saved money and ordered some goodies for the cruiser but had to cancel the trip:bang:. I figured I would still prepair like I was going so I would get the cruiser done.
Installed a power steering cooler
Installed longfields and chromo hubs
Found and fixed a build mistake in the brake hoses.
IMAG0177.jpg

Installed the kids seat belts
IMAG0175.jpg

IMAG0176.jpg

Installed front diff armor (thanks to spotcruiser)
IMAG0174.jpg

Not a bad week but still sucks there's no CM for me:crybaby:

Installed a rear spotlight and cleaned/wired my rear markers. All the lights now work! :beer:

How tough was it to replace those studs? Did you just use a BFH?
I did my fronts last weekend - hammer to drive the old ones out, hammer to pound the new ones most of the way in, then used an old lug nut with my impact wrench (DeWalt 18v) to pull all the way in. I imagine the back will be similarly easy.

Looks great, Jim. You did cut some sort of drain hole in it, didn't you? You don't want it to collect water and you do want some way to wash mud and crap out of there.

Sorry about your Moab trip, but you'll get another shot at it. ;)

I had big plans to go to cruise Moab so I saved money and ordered some goodies for the cruiser but had to cancel the trip:bang:.

Installed front diff armor (thanks to spotcruiser)

Yea put a nice little drain hole along the bottom. Already making plans to put some marks on it.

camcruiser13 said:
changed the oil and put new wheel studs on in the rear

Cam- you needed longer studs because of a disc upgrade, correct?

I'm in the middle of a front and rear upgrade on my 71. I'm using 78 parts from the knuckles out on the front so I should be good there. For the rears, I'm using Poser brackets, monte calipers and rotors from Poser that are opened up to fit. Will I need longer wheel studs?

Istalled new soft top and doors

Just received my new Bestop Soft top and doors last week and put them on this week
IMG_0970.JPG
IMG_0971.JPG

Cam- you needed longer studs because of a disc upgrade, correct?

I'm in the middle of a front and rear upgrade on my 71. I'm using 78 parts from the knuckles out on the front so I should be good there. For the rears, I'm using Poser brackets, monte calipers and rotors from Poser that are opened up to fit. Will I need longer wheel studs?

I installed the exact same set up as you are planning. I went ahead and swapped out the longer studs. They are just slightly longer, but the thickness of the disc is what robs you of the threads on the shorter studs. I did mine as a "since I'm in there" swap, but real glad I did. Plenty there to hold on to the lug nut.

Finished up where my you know what tranny guy left off! And did a little clean and paint.
image-2891965244.jpg
image-2147966097.jpg

I was tired of the rust pits on my lift gate pistons, so I pulled off and painted. Stick the screws and small bits in some pipe insulation to paint.

– By the way, I am a moron, all this time I could not figure out why the lift gate would sometimes crash down, then I realized if you tighten the hand nut, you can lock it up…..live and learn I guess

did mine too
DSCN1605.jpg

made some fuel can holders ... still need to mount and paint or powdercoat...
SAM_0357.jpg
SAM_0359.jpg
SAM_0361.jpg

hellbent40 said:
made some fuel can holders ... still need to mount and paint or powdercoat...

Awesome! Great work.

Got the winch wired up with in cab remote, Overhead shelf/consoles, and took care of some "Steering issues". Next is the Jerry Can Holders, and painting the top. ALMOST ready for some trail ridin! :-D

Got the roof off and my new halfdoors on that I just finished.:cheers:
IMAG0085.jpg
IMAG0080.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom