What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (41 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Saturday morning went to a wedding..saturday night went to a 9 hrs. Safari in my home town..now time to clean it again...:rolleyes:
379120_283764361675658_100001262897486_884557_1905633449_n.jpg
390318_283764715008956_100001262897486_884561_1503757159_n.jpg
100_0283.jpg

got the exhaust done

had an exhaust for a mid 90's civic (60mm or 2 3/8 tubing) which had all the correct bends for the '72 40. All stainless and they are dirt cheap on fleabay..... the only question is what it will sound like. The nice thin is that it clears everything and doesn't hang below the frame. The header came with the rig and looks like an old Man-a-fre (3 into 2) and I stuck an O2 bung on the collector so I could put a wide band sensor on there for carb adjustment.
rExhaust 4.jpg
rExhaust 5.jpg
rExhaust 6.jpg

here are a couple more - gotta pull it out of the garage for some better shots on how it fits on the chassis
rExhaust 3.jpg
rExhaust 1.jpg
rExhaust 2.jpg

here are a couple more - gotta pull it out of the garage for some better shots on how it fits on the chassis

Holy crap thats awsome! I love this kinda stuff! Can you provide a link to it?

BUT, you need to let us know how it sounds. I hope NOT like a fast and furious rice burner! hah!

:beer:

Nothing done this week. But I have some presents under the tree for next week!!!

I took it wheeling in Hollister Hills for the last time before it heads into the shop with the mad scientist FC187 for some upgrades.
IMAG0201.jpg

steffan said:
I'm with ya brotha - that's my biggest fear :crybaby: the link to what?

The link to the kit u bought. I may do the same.

Made a plate to cover the hole I cut for the H42 tranny, then I took it fishing. Didn't catch any fish but it was great to have it on the road again.

Had to make the ring for the shifter boot out of the same aluminum diamond plate.

It's the only diamond plate on the whole thing, and it isn't hiding any rust.:D

Hey Eshu,

I know you've told us before but I forget...Which Hella's do you have on your windshield & do you like them in that location ??.

Looks like you had a good day.

John

Hey Eshu,

I know you've told us before but I forget...Which Hella's do you have on your windshield & do you like them in that location ??.

Looks like you had a good day.

John
Hi there,those are Hella Black Magic , i liked cos the paint it's faded and have no glare :D...not good in fog or rain,at least in that location...:rolleyes: but very good on trail rides.

received my (new for me) rims from an austin mudder///thanks Jason///

received a (new for me) gas tank shield from another fellow mudder

receiving a spare 2f motor tomorrow,,, from a SA mudder,, thanks Sully

received a new for me floor mat,steering stabilizer,jerry can from Sully

pics to follow soon

$30 Motorcraft 2150 2bbl off a 77' ford 302, rebuild kit $19.
Removed the auto choke and added a $9 manual choke.
Added a $25 holley adapter on the bottom to mate to a F or 2F
will mount on a 2f and use a $20 universal accelerator cable to attach to the top of the pedal and carb linkage.
Dropped in some new jets $5.. a#45, #46 - these are so simple. I have one on a FJ40 V8, one of the best mods for mpg and ease of starting and no flat spots.
Just have to try it out over the holidays for fun and see how it compares to my Aisin carb on a desmogged 76'2f.
IMG_20111221_221256.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom