What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (47 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got some new blue walls today.

IMG_20201203_134435.jpg

I saw for the first time this morning the cruiser corps jump seats they are now selling: Rear Jump Seats - Pair - FJ40, BJ, HJ Series 1958-1984
And though currently showing out of stock, I found it surprising that the guy's selling rear view mirrors for $1200 have a more affordable alternative for this:

I assume the cruiser corp version is more "authentic" a repro...

$800 and just for the frames, yikes 😳

BTB in Henderson Nevada sells restored jump seats for well over $2K, at least I remember seeing them on eBay in the past. Glad I planned ahead before I retired or would either have to give up the hobby or go back to work.

I'm kind of surprised there aren't more folks in the reproduction business of jump seats. Especially if you can sell for $800

Finally, after 7.5 years and working on it 15 minutes at a time, it is finished with the excellent help of Bobby Moran (Cruiser Company in Little Rock) and his assistant Bernie along with the excellent help of the members and vendors on this forum.

We fired it up November 28th and after several drives up and down the road I drove it 22 miles to our garage in Little Rock. Finally sold the 5,900SF house and the 3,575sf shop with acreage and my business which consumed most of my free time. Freedom at last. I should have the time to post the build pics...and thanks again to the members and vendors for sharing their knowledge and experience.

Started on an Okie alignment. Then I couldn't remember which way it pulled, drank a beer, did other stuff.

20201203_181918.jpg

Set the toe in at ZERO by the way, I've read some stuff regarding my Dodge recently that suggests dialing solid front axles in at dead nuts ZERO.

We'll see. It already has seemed to help on my Dodge.

What would be the reason to put it back to stock? I was just about to do a reversal.

I really don't like the reversal for on-road handling. Offroad it is nice. You really don't need it just for driving around. On a hardcore wheeler, probably, but I would look at the pros and cons before doing it.

I had the correction kit on my Zebranator and drove it every day and wheeled it on the weekends. The only thing I didn't like about it was that the correction kit was the first thing to the obstacle. Never much of a problem though. I was accused once back then of not being fair: "Your Cruiser drives like... like a CAR." - While riding shotgun in my 40. Saginaw conversion and the correction kit was a great tandem for me.

Well, damn. I've got some room to improve my welding skills. Just did this tonight and mine do not look like a stack of dimes. More like a pile of old pennies.

Thanks, I wish I could take credit. I had some help :)

What would be the reason to put it back to stock? I was just about to do a reversal.

^^^ What @DangerNoodle said. I never liked it, and have been searching for the OEM spring perches for awhile. Hard to find for an 81
Finally restoring back to the way it should be and replacing with OME springs, bushings, etc at the same time. Should be like new Monday. It all started with a bad throw out bearing and clutch... replaced the clutch and serviced the transmission and transfer case while it was down.
IMG_0.jpeg
IMG_1[1].jpeg

Last edited:
I really don't like the reversal for on-road handling. Offroad it is nice. You really don't need it just for driving around. On a hardcore wheeler, probably, but I would look at the pros and cons before doing it.

One of my concerns is that the bolts for the saginaw steering box appear as though they could be blocked by the factory hangers. I may not have a choice but to do the switch just to make room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom