What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (93 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Maybe a silly question but I have a pair of those brackets similar to yours there (with 15 sticker on it)... what are those as I’m new to the 40 world??

No Silly Questions here!

Those are a recent purchase from a member here, top plate front triangles for the front bumper. They attach to the front of the frame so you can attach the stock OEM bumper. Mine were missing from the previous owner changing out for a "custom" (homemade) bumper.

Glad to be of help

Thanks for the info!!!

No Silly Questions here!

Those are a recent purchase from a member here, top plate front triangles for the front bumper. They attach to the front of the frame so you can attach the stock OEM bumper. Mine were missing from the previous owner changing out for a "custom" (homemade) bumper.

Glad to be of help

Found out I’m not allowed into work for the foreseeable future, luckily I have a couple fun projects on the shelf :
F0DF8F74-B248-40D8-A445-88B6E5C133F7.jpeg

43B6606A-3252-4159-9754-9B4843BB84E6.jpeg

About time the 40 got some attention

Awe yah getting spinny with it!!!! @John in Utah what kits did you go with?

@gerg’s kit. Same one you have if I remember right? Still working to make the air cleaner work but otherwise a super easy fit.

Yes right on! It's a great kit I wasnt sure his kits look alot diff then 3 years ago when I got mine! You're gonna love it.

Got the sun visors cut and test fit. Used dark smoky plexiglass and tried to match the general shape of the original, bit this one is longer... 5.25 x 17 inches, but the angle on the edge is the same. Also had to cut the posts to shorten them 1/2 an inch and get an angle that would clear the roll bar when I want them to cover the door window. Am going to wait until the fj is painted and ready before peeling the protective paper off them and adding better hardware. Added a picture of a scrap chunk of the plexiglass with the paper off and held up to a led light so that you all could see the color. Cheers!

950DAE6F-6914-4494-8713-3DB34FF56AA9.jpeg

0F667268-CCDC-46E1-9A0F-5BDBC159DBED.jpeg

B106EC8C-6EDE-4CE0-B755-290C4545D564.jpeg

8EFC86D8-FA1F-48BE-B84F-A216E92DA78D.jpeg

Last edited:
Got the sun visors cut and test fit. Used dark smoky plexiglass and tried to match the general shape of the original, bit this one is longer... 5.25 x 17 inches, but the angle on the edge is the same. Also had to cut the posts to shorten them 1/2 an inch and get an angle that would clear the roll bar when I want them to cover the door window. Am going to wait until the fj is painted and ready before peeling the protective paper off them and adding better hardware. Added a picture of a scrap chunk of the plexiglass with the paper off and held up to a led light so that you all could see the color. Cheers!

View attachment 2266346

View attachment 2266347
View attachment 2266348

View attachment 2266345
I was thinking about something similar. Nice work.

I finished the refurbishment of a '78 through '80 2F electronic distributor, including a new NipponDenso vacuum advancer (to replace the non-working vacuum retard/advance advancer). I also replaced the mechanical advance weights, complete with new OEM sleeves, and replaced the missing stop pin bushing. I installed it in my '76 FJ40, set the timing, and took it for a spin. Works great, with a lot of pep. I wanted to test it out and make sure it works as expected before posting it for sale here on MUD. Here are some photos of the internals during the refurbishment:

View attachment 2263260

View attachment 2263261

View attachment 2263262

And here it is installed (the big white arrow on the oil filter is a rotor orientation reference point from a past distributor reinstall):

View attachment 2263297
Sold the distributor here on MUD, so it's time to install the new aftermarket electronic distributor with the Celica signal generator and the Trollhole vacuum advancer. If it checks out I'll be selling it also (cheap :)) - would make a great trail spare.

Aftermarket-Distributor-1.jpg

Aftermarket-Distributor-2.jpg

Aftermarket-Distributor-3.jpg

Per one of the distributor experts here on MUD, the technical specs are the same - it's just the specifics of the grommet where the wires pass through the distributor housing. That signal generator is a direct fit to the stationary plate on the '78 through '80 and on the '81 through '87 big cap 2F distributors. For this particular aftermarket electronic distributor, the U-shaped opening in the housing is the same as in the Celica distributor housing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom