What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (167 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

80% done. Just need to get them powdercoated now.

EB36160B-93EF-458B-9378-BA31BABFF1A2.jpeg

466E60FF-E415-4CFE-9547-C08CF21E7E49.jpeg

233BCA56-7E06-492C-8BEB-72F5EC9EE2A2.jpeg

FDBB4850-5EC5-407E-802C-6DCB07255F46.jpeg

Last edited:
Took one of my daughters fly fishing in the Short Bus. It was her first time. If you’ll indulge me a few extra words, there are some significance to the second pic.

The rod she is using was hand made by my grandfather. It was a gift to my dad in 1980. My dad had a flood in his basement a year back and I found it in his basement. The hand tied tapered tippet still had knots that they tied. I had taken it out a few times, but never landed a fish. So what you see there is the first fish that rod has landed in decades and it was done in the hands of the great grand daughter of its maker on her first day fly fishing. All in all, a pretty cool day!

View attachment 2250037

View attachment 2250038

That is too awesome. Life long memories.

Took one of my daughters fly fishing in the Short Bus. It was her first time. If you’ll indulge me a few extra words, there are some significance to the second pic.

The rod she is using was hand made by my grandfather. It was a gift to my dad in 1980. My dad had a flood in his basement a year back and I found it in his basement. The hand tied tapered tippet still had knots that they tied. I had taken it out a few times, but never landed a fish. So what you see there is the first fish that rod has landed in decades and it was done in the hands of the great grand daughter of its maker on her first day fly fishing. All in all, a pretty cool day!

View attachment 2250037

View attachment 2250038
Inspiring! That looks like a nice Idaho brown out of a body of water bigger than all but three New Mexico rivers?

For all, outside of the 40, 45, 55 world, there is a 'Fly Fishing' thread that resides in chat.

View attachment 2250037

View attachment 2250038
Really cool you got to experience this with your girl! 😎

My daughter texted me just recently asking if we could go fishing again soon..... She turned 29 today - I’ve almost always taken her out to eat somewhere special but alas, couldn’t this year of course! (Thanks so much Wuhan)
Found these while cleaning the basement the other day.... sent her the picture - she couldn’t believe I still had ‘em!
B13CEAB2-F5EC-49E0-879F-414CD7D21A7D.jpeg

Last edited:
The frame of build of the FJ43 is close to be done, i will make a new thread from it soon.

Today the (new) 8274 winch out of 1983 that never had been used once it it's life. was installed. We cleaned it up, rolled the wire of and on for the first time to see it was working etc

FJ43 Winch 8274.jpg

The frame of build of the FJ43 is close to be done, i will make a new thread from it soon.

Today the (new) 8274 winch out of 1983 that never had been used once it it's life. was installed. We cleaned it up, rolled the wire of and on for the first time to see it was working etc

View attachment 2250215

Beautiful work. Did you end up shortening the Koito H4 harness?

Beautiful work. Did you end up shortening the Koito H4 harness?

Yes correct, more or less 35" was removed

Put the alignment tool set from Trail Taylor in a box.
Knuckle SST.jpeg

View attachment 2250037

View attachment 2250038
Thats super cool man!

View attachment 2250037

View attachment 2250038
It just doesn't get any cooler than that!!

Does that H55F have the super scarce FJ40 top cover? If so, how did that come about?
It does have the 40 series top. I purchased the H55F a couple years ago. I can't remember the gentleman's name. Somewhere out west...Oklahoma maybe. The assembly came out of a BJ40 from Norway or Denmark I don't remember exactly. I purchase the correct input shaft and bearings for a 2F. OTRAMM was recommended as the shop that could handle the rebuild.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom