What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (41 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Let it get some sun. Test fitting a few bits before sending them off for paint.

IMG_4497.jpeg

I think maybe I'll check that out, I'm pondering some way to dampen the sound a little bit and to cut the heat down inside the cab.

It's something that's on the back burner still. There's still fish to catch right now!
It is actually under Insulation; FJ40

I used the PSA Aluminized Fiberglass for the under side of my trans hump. I can fell a difference by touch. I'm sure there's many products out there, but I do like this one. Thermalcontrolproducts.com
I think maybe I'll check that out, I'm pondering some way to dampen the sound a little bit and to cut the heat down inside the cab.

It's something that's on the back burner still. There's still fish to catch right now!

Now I’m faced with a complete engine rebuild as who knows what kinda damage was done while it was rattling away at speed. Pretty demoralizing as its been only a year since I got the Old Gurl back up and running.
While pricing parts at American Toyota I was amused and gratified that the parts guys are still taking care of us Mud members.

View attachment 2045235
Yep, Don and Antonio are always very helpful. I appreciate the 25% MUD discount, too. If you're going to have the engine rebuilt I highly recommend Brian at Empire Engines right across the San Pedro/Alameda intersection from American Toyota. He did a great job on the 3FE in my '86 FJ60, as well as a '79 2F crankshaft regrind. He's been rebuilding a couple of 2Fs a month for Brandon at Classic Cruisers in Poncha Springs.

In the last week?
New spark plug wires (That are almost a dead match with the paint job).
I remade the clutch hard line and bled the system.
I cleaned up the steering box and put in a new seal. Then a repaint with new hardware.
New choke cable installed.
A little farther on the wire harness. (I'm electrically ignorant, therefore slow)
Custom (improved) alternator bracket finished, powder coated and installed.
FST framework is painted/powder coated/installed! With plated hardware.
Passenger fender, apron, door, and bib assembly are all on. Steering column work is keeping the driver's side off.
The door will stay shut until the weather stripping quits being so "stuffy." Driver door will have to wait. I have to get in from time to time.
All gear boxes refreshed with new oil.
Seat brackets fabbed, coated, and installed. Seat bottoms in. The driver's back has a spring issue I hope I can fix without breaking it.
Exhaust installed.
I hope to be driving next week!
View attachment 2041683
Love the color!

Quick drive to Hagerty Insurance, they're located in Traverse City our hometown. Ed
20190801_163328.jpg

Reloaded my jewelry box in anticipation of my next build. "THE TUSCAN RIDGE 653"... ;)

20190801_204332.jpg

Adjusted the drum brakes to 4 clicks back. The SST made this really easy. Though I still need a half pump to get good pedal feel. Will probably bleed the brakes for good measure.

Adjusted the parking brake. Did a 2nd-hi stall test and no movement, just stalled the engine.

Replaced the original washer reservoir/motor which was leaking badly out of the motor with an aftermarket replacement.

Save me..where might I find a jewelry box of my own?

Here you go..

You want the full kit...

Put the rest of the body on and added a new soft top from DirtRoadTops.com. Haven't driven in it yet but sitting still, I'm loving it!

Full body 2.jpeg

You'll notice that Angus was over come and passed out with the awesomeness.

Here you go..

You want the full kit...

Will one kit do the entire 40?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom