What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (31 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I got a new hood (well...new to me)!

I owe a HUGE thank you to @shmukster for shipping me a hood for my 40. This thing is immaculate. It’d almost make better wall art than a hood and I’m embarrassed to put something so nice on my 40.

Not only did Gary crate it up, he went above and beyond in securing everything nicely for the ride from PA to AR. I’m always continuously amazed at the awesome people on this forum!

Also happy to report that I had a good experience shipping via Fastenal. Only took about 7 days for it to show up and everything arrived in good condition, but I attribute this to how well it was packed!

1.jpeg
2.jpeg
3.jpeg
4.jpeg
5.jpeg

Still putting miles on new engine, trans and transfer case. Slightly over 200 miles! Then I let Abraham Lincoln take it for a drive. You may know him as @65swb45. View attachment 2000210

You LET me? Let the record show, John BRIBED me to drive that beast.

But he wouldn’t have to bribe me to get me to drive it again. It IS a BEAST!

Last edited:
Gave Uglina a wax Saturday. She shines up nicely and is looks GREAT at 10 feet (before she looked great at 20 feet). At least now she's better protected from the elements.

Also, before and after:

@TEQ is Uglina a ‘77 or ‘78? Gorgeous ride sir!

Between the wet winter, the workload, and the roofing project, I’m not so sure that Monday wasn’t the first time I’ve had Ruftoys out of storage this year.
DDB23791-ABBA-4785-B070-D4A4EB0F6293.jpeg
77046DF5-CBCC-4305-A7D8-A33B122A0E2F.jpeg

Actually ended up using the truck for a small errand: found a pallet down the street from the shop to put the PTO winch on for @liven the life . Plenty of real estate on the rollcage to bring it back to the shop.

Last edited:
I especially like your “Disc brakes are for cowards” sticker. Truth be told well adjusted drums on a 40 can be very effective!

I especially like your “Disc brakes are for cowards” sticker. Truth be told well adjusted drums on a 40 can be very effective!

That sticker was a gift from another cruiserhead on my 50th birthday. He used to also have a ‘68. Now he drives a 200 series.

I bought a water temp sensing boot from RAGINGMATT but I found a place in need of protection a little more. I placed it on my reverse light switch on a transmission/ transfer that I refreshed. Fits perfectly and will hopefully protect the solder contact for the wires.
20190613_113633.jpg

I bought a water temp sensing boot from RAGINGMATT but I found a place in need of protection a little more. I placed it on my reverse light switch on a transmission/ transfer that I refreshed. Fits perfectly and will hopefully protect the solder contact for the wires. View attachment 2002239
If there was an award for the most colorful transmission/transfer case, you’d win it!

Gay

Is that okay to say any longer?

😎

If there was an award for the most colorful transmission/transfer case, you’d win it!
I knew I was going to take some heat for that!
Yeah I know it's got alot of mismatching colors. I literally just blind grabbed whatever can was close and used it. This is one time when being color blind is a help. Here is a better pic of the amazing technicolor
transmission
20190609_162853.jpg

Finally got a chance to try out the C/L sandblaster I bought. It actually made pretty quick work of these horn brackets, less than 3 minutes.

1560478783247.JPEG

1560478783367.JPEG

1560478783057.JPEG

1560478783733.JPEG

1560480072519.JPEG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom