Crud. Yep, consulted the Microfiche and you are absolutely right, I should have done that in the first place. Thank you for pointing it out though, much appreciated! I have these holes in the front hoop that used to have a gun rack mounted in them and I used those to remember which way to face it. So I trusted the PO on that one I rationalized that the pads faced forward because you would fold down the front seats and get into the back and not hit your head on metal. Well.... I guess I know what I will be doing to my Land Cruiser this weekend After the Lovelady LoveFest parade of course.Not 100% certain but I think your main hoop is facing the wrong direction, pretty sure the pads should be facing the rear passengers.
Thanks for the follow up. Finished the install yesterday.Did you make or follow a write-up on this. Would love to overhaul/update mine.
Thanks for the follow up. Finished the install yesterday.
- Ended up punching out the factory pins. One side of the pin holes is smaller - I threaded each of the smaller holes for M8 bolts.
- Powder coated the assembly with Prismatic powders Vegas Gold
- Modified a nylon spacer to replace the metal spacers that had worn down over the years on the hook portion of the assembly (lower bolt)
- Used a stainless M8 x 60mm socket head bolt on the upper hole, secured with a stop nut and added an acorn nut. This allowed a gap between the two nuts so I could include a spring from the handle to the carrier (like OEM).
- Used an M8 stainless screw on the hook hole to allow for handle movement
- Used two M8 x 50mm bolts and stop nuts to attach to the carrier
- After all this I showed it to my wife for her amazement. I was the only one who was impressed, though
View attachment 2920830
It's the Bestop Tarilmax II fold and tumble seat. Super basic installation for it, the 2 front brackets and the rear latch bracket, I added steel plates underneath the body for each bracket for some added strength.YJ seat?
I’ve got a TJ seat for mine. Same basic design, but no cutouts in the back rest for wheel wells. More details on the install? Could it be mounted further forward?