What have you done to your 4x4 lately 2020? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey @chap79 , was that water crossing a part of the Arizona Peace Trail? How was the rest of that trail? I'm thinking about hitting it next fall.

Hey @chap79 , was that water crossing a part of the Arizona Peace Trail? How was the rest of that trail? I'm thinking about hitting it next fall.
Yes it is. It’s crossing the Bob Williams River on the NE side of the Lake Alamo. We were running the trail backwards from the way most folks go, counterclockwise, so we were almost done. Given all the rain that there was right before the trip the trail was very muddy, according to locals the lake and river were the highest they’ve been in years.

For the most part I’d say the trail is really easy, especially if you’re rolling in a locked rig on 37’s. We did have a bone stock 100 series with us. They did take some rear bumper damage dragging it in and out of washes and they did have to use their rear locker a couple of times due to the muddy conditions.

The brush in areas was well overgrown and we did have to cut some branches and drag off the trail or put in muddy ruts for the 100. We all suffered some deep pin-striping. Good tires are a must do avoid cactus punctures.

I highly recommend buying the Peace Trail Atlas and downloading the GPS tracks. I was using the Gaia app on my iPad and utilizing a Garmin GLO 2 for accurate real-time tracking. This really helped as there are lots of forks in the trails and the GLO unit didn’t lag in signal like the integrated tablet GPS antennas.

Let me know if you have any other questions. It was a great trip and I hope we can do it again in the future to finish it out.

Not too exciting but replaced crappy Optima Yellow with size 34 Odyssey Extreme. About to tow my sons street racer to Tulsa with it. Did replace one side front bearings, drained and replaced all brake fluid, and some other maintenance. Oh and alignment after my GF hit a downed 10-12"+ tree in a snow storm doing 30 mph. Cruiser took it amazingly well. Me took it not as well when it happened since I had just asked her a couple times to slow on the corners but it's all good now. I think she was mad because it spilled her beer. LOL

Got a new key rack...

74DB2B7E-9697-4130-8403-00DD63B71CA5.jpeg

Picked up a set of 285.70/17 Falken Wildpeak's from a new Gladiator, installed on some SCS F5's. Removed the mud flaps, running boards, trailer light socket and 30' of random wires. Installed OEM Turbo decals.

B304D7EE-53B4-4C9B-9A13-B5E8D2D92253.jpeg
E2E0379C-4867-4A41-BD24-51C70852B6BA.jpeg

Got the pyrometer functioning finally. Today, I started a little tuning -- had to remove the anti-tamper collar on the fuel screw. So I removed the collar and turned the fuel screw in a about a full turn. Adjusted boost to about 28psi. The boost compensator pin was oriented so the follower would ride on the side with the least aggressive ramp. The pin is not OEM, so someone has messed with it at some point. So I re-oriented the boost pin to have the follower ride the most aggressive side of the ramp to minimize smoke. I still have a bunch of fine tuning to do but MAN, this thing woke up! I had tire chirp when it shifted into second o_O

633969C4-73E6-42A5-94C9-C4EB3FD755C2.jpeg
370A79C9-AC11-41E3-B14E-9D5FC09CBF3B.jpeg

Last edited:
Castor correction done

C52579F5-9028-494E-A9D8-A4A761AE2B51.jpeg

Drove my 75 series after the conversion to fuel injected and fully rebuilt 1fz. In fact the whole drive line is basically new..

Last edited:
Bought a new one :oops:
2020 Tacoma TRD off Road
962BD868-32BA-4447-91D5-1924AA1E511B.jpeg

@StucknKS and his coworker Jason that bought an 80 for his son and I put a lift in this weekend in near record time. 4 shocks, 2 bushings replaced and 4 springs in under 2 hours.

No time for pictures when your working that fast.

Will there be a TAC pit crew challenge?
How fast to rebuild a front axle next?

Will there be a TAC pit crew challenge?
How fast to rebuild a front axle next?
Mines due if your looking for volunteers...

I’m always game for a wrench day.

Thanks @12 Parsecs with the help test fitting the bed

10D683F3-BBB4-4B01-9529-094E04F48207.jpeg

A0AB4808-55BD-4829-B1DA-BE2731F6EAE0.jpeg

85C7847F-A9ED-4676-B891-96A70C6962C1.jpeg

Got my ECU back from @Mauser who was able to flash it so I can use the master key rather than the valet only. Thank you again @Mauser!

Decided today to change the oil on the diffs and transfer case and noticed my transfer case is leaking so I need to figure that out.

20200223_122456.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom