What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (42 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spent the coin to make sure that dosen't happen again. I will still carry a spare just in case

20220718_123605.jpg

20220718_151022.jpg

20221001_180607.jpg

927.jpg

We need to hear the story on how you blew the axle!
Victim of my own design. Running a +4 long travel kit and getting crazy amounts of droop. I think it was 28 degrees at full droop. Half way up a steep mt climb up rocky tight trail... snapped with 600ft of climb to go. 6 winch pulls in a row before it leveled out. Glad I bought a high dollar winch cause no way a badlands would have got me out of there before dark. Rcv's are in now and can handle 32 degrees of droop... I have the limit straps to weld in... I'll limit it at 28 degrees to be safe. And of coarse carry a spare.

20220424_120630.jpg

Upgraded my Voswitch controller from a 8 to a 12 so I can add more lights..... I may have a light addiction 🤦🏽‍♂️. Added a pair of S2 Baja Designs in a "fog location" to my dissent bumper. I am pretty happy with the outcome. The Voswitch product is really great product that's not as much as S pod, but a bit nicer and more function than a Aux beam

1EFAF1F2-A5E8-47CC-99CE-0CBFEDD30BB5.jpeg

F95D4D07-2B56-434E-9DCC-FFDFAF0BEA70.jpeg

38FE59D7-CFB7-4DE3-AB6B-054B812FFFBD.jpeg

2CCD7D64-815B-464D-A04F-88F27D00DEEC.jpeg

9233C745-97D9-4D04-B9D5-18A89C33AD1F.jpeg

Prototyping super low profile soft shackle hitch recovery point. Only for the 200 series.

20221207_151421.jpg

20221207_151623.jpg

Prototyping super low profile soft shackle hitch recovery point. Only for the 200 series.

View attachment 3187907

View attachment 3187908
Cool idea. From a theoretical standpoint, the sleeve inside of the device should to be able to take the bending load caused by the soft shackle, otherwise its only as strong as the pin. I've seen people use a soft shackle with just a hitch pin and that's no bueno in my mind because then you are asking the pin to take all the load in bending. Solid ball mounts (or solid recovery points for hitch receivers) are rated higher than hollow ones for this reason. Not saying it can't be done just that the load rating is really the hitch pin bending strength and that will be less than a solid recover point. From the photo, it looks like you have something in between. Its just a question of how strong the sleeve and pin are together.

Don't think I didn't notice the rear tube bumper in the photo again - looking good black and with the bumper edge trim. Any updates with how well it handles big hits?
I haven't done much off-roading lately, but it feels pretty sturdy when jumping on it. haha

Dang I just ordered the Brennan's Garage one. Will this just fit more cleanly or any other differences?
That one is pretty neat. Yes, much more cleanly. This one will fit very snug to the hitch surface, without a soft shackle attached it will be hard to spot.

hitch.JPG

Cool idea. From a theoretical standpoint, the sleeve inside of the device should to be able to take the bending load caused by the soft shackle, otherwise its only as strong as the pin. I've seen people use a soft shackle with just a hitch pin and that's no bueno in my mind because then you are asking the pin to take all the load in bending. Solid ball mounts (or solid recovery points for hitch receivers) are rated higher than hollow ones for this reason. Not saying it can't be done just that the load rating is really the hitch pin bending strength and that will be less than a solid recover point. From the photo, it looks like you have something in between. Its just a question of how strong the sleeve and pin are together.
Absolutely, yes there is a solid middle section. looks like this design will start to fail around 35,000lbs of force.

break.JPG

Absolutely, yes there is a solid middle section. looks like this design will start to fail around 35,000lbs of force.

View attachment 3187946
Yes, I just saw your other cad view and could see it wasn’t just a thin sleeve. Well done! Looks awesome. When can I get one?

Yes, I just saw your other cad view and could see it wasn’t just a thin sleeve. Well done! Looks awesome. When can I get one?
I was going to make around 10-20 of these. Wondering if there is a preferred color for anodize?

I was going to make around 10-20 of these. Wondering if there is a preferred color for anodize?

Silver or red - either would be great for me!

Black. Assuming it is UV stable I would just leave it installed in the hitch.
Yeah, black. Thought I'm told TRD Red makes the truck go faster.

If black, I'll get them hard anodized. Red does seem cooler though. 😎

These were meant for 5/16" or 3/8" bubba rope soft shackles, but my 7/16" fit with a little finesse.

5/16 rated at 26,000lbs breaking strength.
3/8 rated at 42,000lbs
7/16 rated at 45,000lbs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom