What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (23 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I played around with some ABS sheet and the heat gun to make some covers for where the third row comes out. The next thing I do will be to make a form out of wood so I don’t melt my interior anymore. Don’t mind the fold, I think I can get this out of the final part made from the form. I’d love to get this part to the point where they’re easy enough to make that I could sell them, but that all depends on how much time I get to work on them.

AD8356E4-D273-4563-8674-E93CAFD4521E.jpeg

I played around with some ABS sheet and the heat gun to make some covers for where the third row comes out. The next thing I do will be to make a form out of wood so I don’t melt my interior anymore. Don’t mind the fold, I think I can get this out of the final part made from the form. I’d love to get this part to the point where they’re easy enough to make that I could sell them, but that all depends on how much time I get to work on them.

View attachment 2249977
I have thought about doing the same thing for mine. I don't recall who, but another mud member made them out of Kydex I believe. I wonder if the Kydex is a little easier to form than the ABS?

Last edited:
I have thought about doing the same thing for mine. I don't recall who, but another mud member made them out of Kydex I believe. I don't know, but I assume the Kydex is a little easier to form than the ABS?
The ABS is almost liquid at heat gun temps, and hammer resistant at room temp. It’s just hard to get it all flowing at the same rate in the right direction. I think I can fix this problem once I get somewhat of a mold made.

Mounted my Inreach to the passenger pillar. Happy to have it not obstructing any view.

IMG_4991.jpg

Mounted my phone to the drivers side. Will need to see if I like it there, definitely a little more in my face than I want.

IMG_4993.jpg

Weather was nice. Took care of some surface rust before work.

20200327_113019.jpg

20200327_115917.jpg

20200327_123605.jpg

Suggest you (and everyone else w/ sliders) spray some fluid film in between the sliders' mounting brackets and the frame. I had sliders on my Tacoma for about 1.5 years, took them off when I was selling the truck, and found quite a bit of rust build-up in those spots. You won't see it until you take the sliders off.
Thanks for the heads up. I apply fluid film liberally in Nov. Last year I actually did spray that area. Good to know it was useful to do that, I just did it as extra precaution. Don't like rust, had my 80 become a rust bucket because I didn't care for it and learned a lesson the hard way on that.

Removed third row in prep for drawers. Dropped off to Duggys in Houston for Ironman front bumper and 12k winch. Rear Slee with Jerry Can holder on swing. Also had them connect Bajadesign to Switchpros.

20200327_182325.jpg

20200327_182051.jpg

20200327_182031.jpg

20200327_181921.jpg

20200327_181812.jpg

I picked up the Wolfbox G840 video mirror. Its pretty dope. I always wanted a dash cam but none were what I was looking for. This one checks all the boxes and provides a video rear view. Pretty great. Thanks to @Tngo23 for the idea.

Forward Dashcam view:

IMG_0840.jpeg

Rearview:
IMG_0839.jpeg

Split-view:

IMG_0837.jpeg

Night Rearview:

IMG_0807.jpeg
IMG_0806.jpeg

I picked up the Wolfbox G840 video mirror. Its pretty dope. I always wanted a dash cam but none were what I was looking for. This one checks all the boxes and provides a video rear view. Pretty great. Thanks to @Tngo23 for the idea.

Whoa, that's pretty sweet. Curious where/how you mounted the rear camera?

Whoa, that's pretty sweet. Curious where/how you mounted the rear camera?

I'll let you know once its a permanent install. Right now I have it double-sided taped to the driver side license plate light fixture. Still working out how to mount permanently and run the wire to the mirror... but I got sidetracked when my NEW SLIDERS showed up as I was mapping it all out!

I'll let you know once its a permanent install. Right now I have it double-sided taped to the driver side license plate light fixture. Still working out how to mount permanently and run the wire to the mirror... but I got sidetracked when my NEW SLIDERS showed up as I was mapping it all out!

You are so gonna love those sliders. I was honored to have my truck be the model for the video that Rob has on the install. Lots of tips in there on how to get all the various fasteners where they need to be.

Wondering about putting the camera inside the hatch, below the 3rd brake light. Perhaps the glare from the light will make that not a good option.

Congrats. BudBuilt sliders are awesome. Definitely watch the video and take notes. Rob has some very helpful tips along the way, and the order of install for some of the lollipops/bolts is critical.

BB4C4EB5-9193-4F6F-AC76-1FB1AB7AEC4A.jpeg

B9E23AF6-2FF3-4CE6-A93F-903C3B8DD395.jpeg

47A96446-0A7B-4A3A-A012-536439879E0D.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah, I’ve watched that video about 5 times. My mechanic buddy that is helping me has as well. It’s really well done and I think we’ll be able to get it done in a few hours.
Echoing above thoughts on this sliders. They dont make em better and the bolt on to existing patterns is spot on. Only wheeled em a couple times but no issues as I was in mud but they sure to reduce parking lot rash... lol...car doors dont like them much. I've got Budbuilt armor inbound in a few weeks as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom