What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (14 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Didn't do any major trails this trip out west. Ouray Colorado and then got really lucky--at the end of one of our favorite trails around Colorado Springs which overlooks the Air Force Academy, the Thunderbirds started practicing for the graduation ceremonies the next day. Sorry for the portrait orientation videos.

Just switched from 35's to 33's since I needed a new set of tires. Went from Nitto Grapplers to KO2's. Sits a little lower but the daily driving feels a lot better and no rubbing so far! The 35's needed replaced due to dry rot.
Did you go with the 275/70R18s or simmering wider? I have the 275s a love them. Just took a trip from SC to TN/KY/IL to MO/KS, and then Back through MO to TN/l and then through GA on our way home to SC and it ride great!

The continuous center rib on the Toyo AT/II made it a little smoother on pavement but the KO2 has better off road traction, hands down!

My LX came without the mount covers and it looked crappy with the original roof rack so I decided to delete it. I replaced the factory bolts with 8M x 1.25 x 35 bolts. I cut some 20 ga. sheet metal 1 in. wide and drilled the holes to match the original pattern for my own homemade covers. I’ll paint them black tomorrow and install them when them dry with some all-weather silicone sealant. They won’t be perfect but they’ll work until my son gets his welder to make a custom rack.

Also, I wired up the 500 watt pure sine wave inverter so I can blow up my air mattress and recharge my battery for the cordless impact driver.

I took the visor off and leaned against a wall with the bracket facing up. Then I simply sprayed Armor-All in where the rod goes into the visor. Did that on and off for a few minutes to let it soak while moving the bracket in and out. Still no creaks up to date.
The search function rules!

Found this post, used some silicon based spray on the arms, worked them in and out just as Lex did, now they're quiet - like new!

Back from the body shop. Rust repair and windshield replacment.
20230603_135839.jpg
20230603_134100.jpg
20230603_134029.jpg
20230501_120049.jpg
20230501_115932.jpg

Are those Toyota wind deflectors? I sourced some for my lx470 but have been reluctant to install because the front set is so large.

@jLB your sets are boxed and ready to go
The Trail Tailor, TRD/LRD, Trail Teams, Special Edition, Limited Edition, UCAs? Do I also get a certificate of authenticity, and a special dash plaque, for the red ones? 😁

Thanks, looking forward to receiving them.

Are those Toyota wind deflectors? I sourced some for my lx470 but have been reluctant to install because the front set is so large.
Yes. But I think they came from the Australian market and are meant for those truck style towing mirrors. I had to trim them to fit the U.S. Spec mirrors.

Put in some new inner and outer tie rod ends (SANKEI 555) this week along with new OEM bellows. One side factory bellow had torn and was the reason for tackling this. Due to age, dirt, etc, I cleaned the steering rack with alcohol and re-greased before reassembly.

Had to go with zip ties on the outer edge of the bellow because the old tie rods were very rusted together and no local store (tried 5+) sells 1" constant tension spring clamps... Not happy about it but oh well. The inner edge of the boot (on the rack) reused the original stainless clamp no problem.

Going in for an alignment tomorrow morning to finish everything up.
20230604_110153_001.jpg

Finally fixed an annoying squeak from the driver side rear wheel area. Turned out to be the parking brake shoes rubbing on the backing plate without any grease at the contact points.

Also hit 320000 miles today.

Put in a whistler radar detector. Installed the BlackVue 4K dashcam, and an oil change. Its a good thing I enjoy turning wrenches. I'm feeling beat!

View attachment 1810140

View attachment 1810141

View attachment 1810142

View attachment 1810139
Put in a whistler radar detector. Installed the BlackVue 4K dashcam, and an oil change. Its a good thing I enjoy turning wrenches. I'm feeling beat!

View attachment 1810140

View attachment 1810141

View attachment 1810142

View attachment 1810139
Do you have any tips for a dash cam install for my 2005? The camera kit didn’t come with a fuse so I believe I’ll need an adapter. And patience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom