What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (61 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Took care of the fast blinking turn signals after leds were installed.

The blinker relay I bought from Amazon didn't have the same mounting spacing. So I swapped the housing from my OEM denso over to the guts of the aftermarket.

Now my blinkers don't go fast!

This works in my 03 LX - https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008C9YS0Y

20200322_111621.jpg

20200322_111545.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry for the long post, but got a few things done today being all cooped up. First thing was a much needed YotaMD key. I had been putting this upgrade off for sometime but after 3 years of using a flimsy factory Toyota key, it was time to upgrade. Very impressed by the overall feel and craftsmanship of the key will done Dr. Yota. I also hacked up my factory key a bit so it could fit it into a magnetic “Hide a Key” for when I’m camping and don’t get stranded by my door closing and locking behind me while taking a piss at 3:30 am or something (not like that’s happened before or anything!!!)
Second i changed out the front Amber turn signals with clear China ones, still unsure on which ones I like better, may go back to OEM.
Third, I tried replacing my broken driver window switch for the 3rd time still receiving the incorrect part, I have so far only found 1 Amazon/eBay window switch that has the same harness set up and button placement I need. Unfortunately the switch I currently am using is for a RHD model which causes my passenger window to roll up/down and also disables use of door locks button due to the window lock/ door lock buttons being switched around for the RHD models and doesn’t fit in the trim, I may have to resort tot the factory Toyota part for this one.
Last bit, I received Trail-Tailor front and rear swaybar extended links for the lift. I may hold off a bit more on installing everything I have until I purchase either metal tech or Trail-Tailor rear control arms, haven’t decided which ones yet. Been hoarding land cruiser parts like toilet paper in my garage!

View attachment 2246452

View attachment 2246453

View attachment 2246454

View attachment 2246455

source for the clear turn signals? Alternatively lemme know if you decide not to go that route—I kind of like them...

Bed platform and storage box for my 2000 LX470

4 days + 7 Home Depot Runs + Lots of "learn as you go"

The box sits level with my rear seats, making a perfect bed platform for overnighters. I had most of the 3/4 birch ply on hand, so my cost wasn't all that bad.
I used heavy duty spring hinges and a BLUM push-to-open drawer hardware for the build to minimize any road noise. So far, it's been amazing! could not be more pleased with the outcome.

If I CNC'd the parts and sold it as a kit, would anyone be interested?

View attachment 2246722View attachment 2246726View attachment 2246728View attachment 2246729View attachment 2246731
Beautiful work. Nice job.

Well with all the spare time on my hands right now I've got quite a bit done. Just rolled over 400,000kms did a oil change, changed out the headlights and fog light bulbs, full interior deep clean (really needed some love) and am painting some new to me wheels.

Still on the to do list is valve cover gasket replacement, spark plugs, and air cabin filter. Depending on how long this lasts maybe I'll start cleaning off the surface rust on the frame and undercoating.
20200321_084645.jpg
20200324_180440.jpg

Well with all the spare time on my hands right now I've got quite a bit done. Just rolled over 400,000kms did a oil change, changed out the headlights and fog light bulbs, full interior deep clean (really needed some love) and am painting some new to me wheels.

Still on the to do list is valve cover gasket replacement, spark plugs, and air cabin filter. Depending on how long this lasts maybe I'll start cleaning off the surface rust on the frame and undercoating. View attachment 2248133View attachment 2248131

Bling Bling, post up a pic when installed curious to see how it looks.

Not bad, but in the late 90's I was filling up for .79/ gallon in central PA. $8 to drive 300 miles in my '89 Nissan Stanza.

I remember thinking the world was ending when gas hit $1.50 a gallon in the early '00's. I also remember driving a LR Disco II in college when gas prices were $4.00 a gallon. That was painful!

This week was new diffs and transfer case oil, AHC flush and bleed, some torsion bar adjustment to compensate for my fat butt while driving

Still on the to do list is valve cover gasket replacement, spark plugs, and air cabin filter. Depending on how long this lasts maybe I'll start cleaning off the surface rust on the frame and undercoating. View attachment 2248133View attachment 2248131
Hey man, love the color on those rims. What color is your rig (I have a black lx that im thinking about going "heritage colors" on and bronzing the rims, but I'd love to see it first!) and what spray did use?

Finally got around to replacing my cracked headlight lens with a used one I got via car-part.com....what a pain in the rear.
I’ve done this before on our 02 Volvo, for which brand new glass lenses are available, and it was nearly dead easy. The LC not so much. Sounds like they used butyl rubber in earlier years but by 04 they’d transitioned to some grey stuff that is HARD. Even after 10 min in a 170 deg oven. Ugh.
Used butyl rubber for installing the “new” lens.
Will post more details in a thread in lens replacement, but, in short, I’ll just buy new from @ranma21 next time....

Before and after:

4C617A3D-7D11-4B7C-B95D-69CD03E5734D.jpeg

402BD5E0-E147-4E59-9E34-9732FEA56452.jpeg

i drove half an hour away to get $1.24 a gallon... boys, when i say it feels good ...

View attachment 2248402

Historically low gas prices! For reference, $0.80 cent gas in 1988 would be the equivalent of $1.75 gas today. Feel real bad for the oil field guys though. There is going to be some serious hurt in that industry pretty soon.

Too bad I can't take advantage of the low gas prices right now as my county and surrounding ones are on a strict "shelter-in-place" rule. Got pulled over when going out to my land yesterday and was told that that will not be considered "essential" travel for the next 3 weeks. Guess the hogs are going to have free-play for the next 3 weeks :(

Finally got around to replacing my cracked headlight lens with a used one I got via car-part.com....what a pain in the rear.
I’ve done this before on our 02 Volvo, for which brand new glass lenses are available, and it was nearly dead easy. The LC not so much. Sounds like they used butyl rubber in earlier years but by 04 they’d transitioned to some grey stuff that is HARD. Even after 10 min in a 170 deg oven. Ugh.
Used butyl rubber for installing the “new” lens.
Will post more details in a thread in lens replacement, but, in short, I’ll just buy new from @ranma21 next time....

Before and after:

View attachment 2248922

View attachment 2248923
looks good! When I got LX a year ago I assumed the lenses were glass, since they were clear, but it had an older front wrap on everything; kept it in very good shape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom