What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (76 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you could slice open a AHC shock i'd love to see the inner workings.

That is a tempting thought. But, I lack a decent vise, or a work bench, or enough curiosity to make me freeze my ass in freezing weather, so probably I won't be bothered to actually slice it open, sorry!

Pulled head unit out to research where I want to put some supports for RAM mounts. Last year or year before last, I put in a VAIStech but it quit working after a while. Since I had this opened up, I jiggled wires and plugged/unplugged connections. Low and behold it showed up on my Blue Tooth screen again. Lucky day. VAIStech unit is on the left of the drivers side vent (there's a pocket between the vent and the dash gauge cluster), you can see the white apple usb cord just past the steering wheel.

5hXoZS0.jpg

Used it as a barrier and signal between a friend of mine and speeding traffic on the shoulder of a long, dark stretch of interstate....not my most enjoyable memory but being able to switch my amber grille lights to strobe helped warn oncoming traffic a lot. It was sketch. After jacking it up what do we find? Not the tire key for the the locking lug nut.....used Lexus ES 350 and he never checked to see if he got the key from the PO. He ended up calling his insurance company and they covered a tow back to his house (which luckily was only ~10mi away) since it was his first. Going to the hardware store tomorrow to buy an impact socket and hammer it on. That’s how I got them off my truck when I was in this situation. Yet again why I hate these things:bang: Ever felt that wall of wind that hits you when it’s 20*F outside and a semi passes within 10ft of you? It’s cold....

0543CBBA-E0FF-4904-8960-0E41C4AEE51A.jpeg

Replacing my fan bracket, started with a slight noise just a week ago and had a total failure of the bearing (I'd assume) as I pulled into the driveway from NAPA today. Can't complain too much about that. In the process of replacing it, but I'm not 100% what kind of coolant is in my truck. Is this DEX-COOL or was red and green mixed by previous owner/shop? I'm assuming red/green mix looks more like mud or chocolate milk...?

kAXWNE2.jpg

hwoDprB.jpg

Went to Anza Borrego in Southern California before the Thanksgiving holiday. I am liking this park more and more. It has mostly subtle views, but a wide range of desert topography. Will go again - and again I think. Sometimes you just like a place and uncertain what it is you like. This is one of those places for me. We used our second battery for electric heat in the back - just to warm the sleeping bag before we got in, made the wife happy. Mission accomplished!

DSC00211 small.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom