What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (28 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Had starter replaced, valve cover gaskets, new battery, both CV axles replaced, alignment and new 285 75r18 Hercules AT tires and Gear Alloy rims. I’m liking the new look.

20D23228-C23A-4251-AE57-A11B01E50BE0.jpeg

712490F1-4E52-44EF-9028-646BECA6E0B4.jpeg

@cmck - Those zip ties bothered me a little too, but with the amount of $ I've spent on everything else I can live with it!

@Lowbudgetlc100 - Yes, I did. Got a 2x2 sheet at Home Depot and cut it to size with the dremel tool and then bent it in a vice.

Bust out that CC and order up! Congrats!

I got rid of the dinky/whimpy positive terminal for the battery and replaced with some Mil-Spec lead terminals and added a solid copper bar to the OEM connection via a stainless steel bolt and lock nut.... now on to wire my dual battery setup.

IMG_2422.JPG
IMG_2423.JPG
IMG_2425.JPG

Looks sweet, but dry.

Dry? :confused:

As in, no dielectric grease or sealer? I am messing with the electronics so much I don't add dielectric grease to the terminals, I do to bulb sockets, winch components that sort of stuff.

Even with those sealed batteries, I like to grease the post every time. Just a little oxidation, which can develop in just a few months, causes charging problems.

I got rid of the dinky/whimpy positive terminal for the battery and replaced with some Mil-Spec lead terminals and added a solid copper bar to the OEM connection via a stainless steel bolt and lock nut.... now on to wire my dual battery setup.

View attachment 1582491 View attachment 1582492 View attachment 1582493

Looks good! I'll probably have to swing by when you're done with that to steal some ideas, per usual lol. I got the Slee tray and compressor installed, and aux fuse panel and bracket mounted- I just need to quit being indecisive about which system and battery to go with, and pull the freaking trigger. I have a master bathroom that is down to the studs, and a rapidly approaching due date that have kind of pushed the truck mods to the back burner. Temporarily, of course- the baby will obviously need a proper rear bumper to keep him safe, and a fridge for his milk. :meh:

Part Number Wheel Size Bolt Circle Bolt Circle 2 Offset (mm) Back Spacing Hub Bore (mm)
726MB-8905218 18X9 5X5.50 5X150 +18 5.71 110.00

@slamd here you go, they do rub passenger front a little, just a little trimming required. I really like the look.

Part Number Wheel Size Bolt Circle Bolt Circle 2 Offset (mm) Back Spacing Hub Bore (mm)
726MB-8905218 18X9 5X5.50 5X150 +18 5.71 110.00

@slamd here you go, they do rub passenger front a little, just a little trimming required. I really like the look.

I have something similar on my FJ80. I found a 2000 100 and am trying to sell my 80. Ordered my lift (Ironman) and now want to get my rims and tires figured out. Is the rubbing pretty bad and what is needing trim in the fender?

I have something similar on my FJ80. I found a 2000 100 and am trying to sell my 80. Ordered my lift (Ironman) and now want to get my rims and tires figured out. Is the rubbing pretty bad and what is needing trim in the fender?
Just a little trimming around the plastic fender well at the moment. Barely touches. Haven’t had it off road yet. I will this weekend. Gear Alloy makes great rims

Just a little trimming around the plastic fender well at the moment. Barely touches. Haven’t had it off road yet. I will this weekend. Gear Alloy makes great rims

Have you tried a heat gun to heat up the plastic where it rubs and use some pliers or something to push it in?

When you get a chance would you mind taking a pic down the side of the truck? I’d like to see how much the tire sticks out of the fender, if at all.

Got one of these . . . do I have to wrap it and put it under the tree to count as a Christmas present?

Kenwood-TM-D710GA.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom