What have you all done for Pre-heater hose 1979-mid 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Normandy Park Wa. ........now in San Diego Ca.
I am in need of a pre-heater hose (you know that flexy hose that goes from the shield around the exhaust manifold to the bottom of the air box).. its like 2.25" or 55mm.....the biggest ones I can find at any parts store is 2" max. The dealer and $OR want $38.00+ for that silly foil flex tube...........Now thats CrAzY !!!!!

Ideas.......?? Musy have for Cali Smog Boys

Last edited:
I am in need of a pre-heater hose (you know that flexy hose that goes from the shield around the exhaust manifold to the bottom of the air box).. its like 2.25" or 55mm.....the biggest ones I can find at any parts store is 2" max. The dealer and $OR want $30.00+ for that silly foil flex tube...........Now thats CrAzY !!!!!

Ideas.......?? Musy have for Cali Smog Boys

biggest I could find was 2" as well. Haven't searched any other spots. the auto parts place I went to did know what they were however.

biggest I could find was 2" as well. Haven't searched any other spots. the auto parts place I went to did know what they were however.

Go to the muffler shop....get some off-fall pieces and adapt both ends to the available 2" hose. P.S. ................take a sixpack with you;)

Ok guys...this is what I found and ordered from J.C. Whitney

18" Long - 60mm ID Carburetor Pre-heater Hose ZX501583T $5.49 In Stock. Ships in 24 hours

The OD size on the of the manifold shield is 55mm so this hose is only 5mm or 0.19" larger...works for me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom