What have I done to my 12ht?

Hi folks. My 12ht wasnt shutting down. Something was up with the VSV. After some looking I found it was a disconnected vac line.

However before I found this vac line, I noticed the VSV connector has a loose yellow cable. I thought maybe this (yellow) cable needed to be connected to 12v+.

So I hotwired (with a 15amp fuse mind you) the vsv to 12v. When I did this the car starting losing revs and eventually shut off.

Now I can't even start the car. Theres now something wrong with the vacuum somewhere. I don't know what I've done.

Even if the VSV is shot now, the car should still start right? I dont know whats up. I think maybe one of the butterfly valves is stuck open/closed now.. Is there any way to reverse this? :s

Please help :(

the wire connecting the VSV + (yellow cable) got super hot when I connected to the battery. The fuse didn't blow so that was a fail. Is my VSV gone? Shouldnt the car start without VSV anyway?

just tested VSV and its still operational as per:

vsvtest.jpg

So I figured it out. It wasnt the fact I hooked up the 12v to the VSV. It was the fact I connected the vacuum tube which seems to constantly engage the cut off butterfly valve. I dont know why. I think the VSV is not getting power when the car is on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom