What glue for dash plastic? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a little metal mounting plate that I use for holding my phone. I have used double sided tape in the past to stick it to the windscreen arch just below the grab rail (if that makes sense) but find that it doesn't hold for long.

So I want to glue it down properly, but I know glues and plastics can turn nuclear if I chose thr wrong kind, or plain just not work. Can anyone recommend a type of glue that wont melt the plastic, but also provide a strong permanent grip?

I have a little metal mounting plate that I use for holding my phone. I have used double sided tape in the past to stick it to the windscreen arch just below the grab rail (if that makes sense) but find that it doesn't hold for long.

So I want to glue it down properly, but I know glues and plastics can turn nuclear if I chose thr wrong kind, or plain just not work. Can anyone recommend a type of glue that wont melt the plastic, but also provide a strong permanent grip?
Permatex, JB CLEAR & Gorilla CLEAR (1st 2 have a 2 part mix) & my suggestion would be (if You don't get more experienced advice/replies) to pick a place where plastic isn't out in the open, (lip under front lower kick/toe plates, etc.), try all 3 suggested or talk to anybody You know who knows their 'epoxies'? Secret is mix a little up, and stick a fishing weight in the puddle, tape it in place w/scotch/duct/gorilla tape; allow curing time recommended then peel off tape. See which 1 holds longest. Decision made. It's to the same plastic, in same setting/temps, & nobody but You is aware of 'test'. just another 2 cents?

I've found hot glue sticks well to the plastic interior panels. I don't know if it damages it in any way but it sticks pretty well. I two-toned my lower dash when I spliced in a section of 105 panel to the 100 series dash panel so I could have a completely factory hand throttle mount and so far it has shown no signs of coming apart (knock on plastic!).
20211229_123947.jpg
20211228_153319.jpg

I ended up going with the 2 pack epoxy glue. Did a little test patch on the back of piece of the dash I had taken off and it didn't melt.

Sticks like poop to a blanket, and doubt it will be going anywhere now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom