What gasket to use for intake manifold/header combo. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jestlurnin

SILVER Star
Threads
Morning everyone. I’m going to be replacing the Weber carb with a city racer one in the next couple weeks on my 78’ 55. I’m in the amassing parts needed phase.

I figured I would try and cure the exhaust leak at the head/header intersection with either a felpro gasket or double OEM gasket. I’m not usually a short cut guy but there is enough to do on this 55 without trying to find a decent OEM exhaust manifold, and have them machined and mated up.

Can anyone confirm that any gasket I would use for an OEM intake/exhaust set up will work for this OEM intake/header set up?

Thanks in advance.
4BCD289A-88D7-4329-89C7-781270291150.jpeg

I use 2 of the Fel-Pro gaskets, and a whole small can of the brush-on Coppercoat.

20211017_114716.jpg

I like the rem flex gaskets.

Thanks for the responses guys. @Pighead where do you apply the coppercoat? In between the gaskets, between head and gasket or between gasket and manifold/header, or yes to all of the above?

Yes, all the above

I like the rem flex gaskets.
I tried the Remflex. I followed the directions, which specified a stupid low torque for the manifold nuts, and was not pleased with it.
I've heard from others that used normal torques, and it works.
I forget how many were headers vs. Stock.
I think, if using un-machined, un-matched headers, I like Thicc gaskets...

Should I take this opportunity to switch over to all studs rather than bolts on the outsides?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom