What fuel sending unit works on a 64 FJ40? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thecrazygreek

A.K.A. TheCraftyGreek
Threads
Mine is toast. I am getting the tank refurbished, and need a new sending unit.

Anyone have a link to one that works with my stock OEM gauge?

Thanks!

i believe CCOT of Texas carry's those , It might be aftermarket , but i installed one in a 1964 FJ40 and it worked fine

Thanks.. Looks like the OEM ones are gone, and theres no replacement thats a bolt on. But the pre 9/72 ones have the same elecrtodoodads and will work when using a homemade adapter ring. So thats how I will roll.. I have the old one still, so I may just hack the original mounting flange and mate it to the new one...

Thanks.. Looks like the OEM ones are gone, and theres no replacement thats a bolt on. But the pre 9/72 ones have the same elecrtodoodads and will work when using a homemade adapter ring. So thats how I will roll.. I have the old one still, so I may just hack the original mounting flange and mate it to the new one...
Keep us posted on your work on an alternative, Angelo. The gauge in my '64 was acting flakey before I pulled it apart, like a bad sender. I found some frayed wiring while I had the tub off, so I might be OK now. But if not, I'll need a replacement as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom