What Fancy Wheels are you running? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i did the TRD in Bronze and 35s, and machining and spacers are required, but worth it

IMG_0971.jpg

I'd stick with Toyota wheels. Original is best, maybe stray over to 70,80 ,100 series or 4Runner wheels.
Most aftermarkets just don't look right on a classic Cruiser IMO.

I have these:
| Interco Tire

Dual valve stems and "Low Pressure Bead Retention System"

I really like those copper looking TRD wheels! Those look sweet!
I'm running the black steel wheel with red and blue pin stripe... Also using a 1 inch spacer so they would fit.
Wheels.JPG
I really like the look, others may not

Original equipment Toyota 16"x7" steel with LT235/85R16 tires

upload_2018-12-20_12-13-56.png

007.JPG

That front shackle mount.....

That front shackle mount.....

PO had installed an Ironman suspension. Beyond that.......I dunno.

It's my first FJ60 and all I know they do not look like what was under my '79 FJ40.

I am on stock 15” chrome wheels right now. I like the looks of the F5 Stealth wheels and I also like the steelies out there. My stockers have some rust that needs a soda blast and polish or something.

Last edited:
Really like the TRD bronze rims but finding them for a reasonable price is always a bit prohibitive. I have looked at the SCS S5 but really like the Stealth 6 better in bronze. Not a huge fan of running spacers for proper backspacing but I dont need new tires yet so this is all pipedream stuff for me.

Newbie here,

Were the spacers required because of the 35s or because of the wheels? I am thinking of getting the same wheels but with the Cooper Discoverer S/T MAXX | Cooper Tire at 32s, the LT265/75R16. Would they still be required with this setup?

Thanks
I did 1.25 inch spacers so the rubber of the tire is flush with the body line of the truck when looking down the side, also I had to machine out the inside diameter of the front wheels because they are not designed to mount to a spindle with a manual locking hub, it’s not for the feint of heart, you get almost 1000$ in wheels and then you machine them, it’s almost enough to make you cry.

I have located a set of 1980s Bathurst globe wheels for our 60
15 x 8 -24 offset
Will be fitted with 33 x 12.5 tyres
I’m just waiting for the current 31s to wear down more.
ARB used a set on the Hilux they restored
Alex
E7E3D8B9-A339-46BD-8374-B9606208F277.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom