What drives the oil pump/PS Pump? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK, I'm putting my 1fz-fe together. following the FSM and it has me slide on the gear next to the block (on the crankshaft). There is no keyway and it rotates freely. it meshes nicely with the oil pump gear which meshes with the PS drive gear. What am I missing? does it somehow get driven by "oil" friction or what?

I ask because: a) I'm worried I missed something and/or b) I just wanna know:meh:

live long and prosper

When you torque down your trigger wheel, cam drive sprocket and damper with the damper/pulley bolt, the resultant friction and compression is more than sufficient to drive the oil pump without the need for a Key.

When you torque down your trigger wheel, cam drive sprocket and damper with the damper/pulley bolt, the resultant friction and compression is more than sufficient to drive the oil pump without the need for a Key.
don't laugh, but while I was taking a shower a few minutes ago; I knew I didn't miss anything, then remembered that monster torque I'm going to be applying in a few steps and well...

I'll sleep better tonight. I do still have plenty of other things I'll worry about soon enough, I'm sure :bang:

thanks for confirming my belated realization.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom