What does your truck smell like? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My wife says it smells like an old person's car. Previous owner is in her late 60s. I think it smells like a 20+year old car that gets driven seldom; decomposing vinyl and adhesives.. the leather doesn't smell like leather to me either. Doesn't bother me a bit, I just grin ear to ear when I get to drive it.

Mine had a horrible smell to it, coming from the ac vents. So I took out the AC cabin Filter cleaned it. Soaked with Dawn soap for half hour cleaned it again and soaked it again, I then let it dry outside for an hour, after that I sprayed tommy hilfiger cologne. Blew the AC for 10 mins. Now the rig smells nice inside.

As mine has less that 40k miles on it (a 2007), it smells like new.

Fart and old cigar smoke, if left inside the garage. If left outside, a cleaner, nice leather smell.

Queen Elizabeth

since this has become a serious, thread, my car does let off smell from the old leather.

I usually have the window cracked when sitting so it airs out and feels fresh when driving so dont get any bad smells.

I also just did the AC refresher kit and new cabin air filters.

since this has become a serious, thread, my car does let off smell from the old leather.

I usually have the window cracked when sitting so it airs out and feels fresh when driving so dont get any bad smells.

I also just did the AC refresher kit and new cabin air filters.
Did you also clean the rear AC?

Quite possibly the best car air freshener out there. Makes the 100 smell like squash. Very powerful and my last one lasted over 6 months!

683EBFC6-B4EA-477C-8797-B3B8632D4C06.jpeg

Sure ask away. While waiting for my Zaino leather conditioner to arrive I thought I would try this out to see if I can change the way my LX smells. Works really well. A few more days of this infusing the interior should make a huge difference.

I have used this on my LS430 before and have always gotten compliments on its smell. Very easy on the nose, nothing over whelming.

My 18-year-old Lexus has that "18-year-old Lexus" smell. At one point it smelled mildew-y, but then I fixed the third brake light water leak and steam cleaned the carpets. Now it smells like it should again.

^^This

1. Make sure to fix 3rd brake light or sunroof drain leaks.

2. Replace/install cabin recirc filter and clean blower

3. I have found white vinegar to be just as effective as ozone. I put a bowl of white vinegar in the truck during a hot summer day with all the windows up. Run the A/C while it still steamy inside. The vinegar smell will go away after a day and hopefully the other odors will too.

I also use JDM squash - get compliments on it frequently as it’s a subtle pleasant smell. Been using them for years since my Honda days. Lately I’ve been taking so many trail trips that I haven’t bothered to clean out the interior, it’s starting to get that crusty 220k mile old Toyota scent again...

2. Replace/install cabin recirc filter and clean blower

I forgot to mention this as well. I change the filters once a year no matter what.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom