What does this ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Lately I've noticed something ....

I'll be sitting at a light . Even if the stereos on , I'll sense a loss of background noise , and simultaneously I'll feel the brake pedal drop slightly . Hell the first time this happened I immediately thought the vehicle was going to stall . Felt like I had lost engine power for an instant . It's cooler these days so I keep the defrost on ... which leads me to a question :

When you have the defrost on , does the AC light come on ? Mine does ... unless I change to the setting to the left of full defrost . I have my temperature setting up high , so why does the AC light up ? Makes me wonder if I have a defect of some sort that is casuing the defrost to set off the AC , and that musty be the noise I'm hearing ... AC compressor ??

• So is it AC ?
  • Is this normal ?
  • Why does my brake pedal drop ? ( when the comp. goes off ?)

Tyler

The AC coming on w/ defrost is normal- it helps to better defrost the windshield. Not sure on the brakes- haven't noticed that.

Tyler,

AC is supposed to be on with front windshield defrost - it dehumidifies inside air.

I too have noticed a drop in the brake pedal at stoplights as well (not limited to my cruiser). I had thought it has air in the brake lines; but in that case the pedal travel would be in reverse direction. Really appreciate if someone could explain the rationals behind this though.

Regards,
Frank.

increased idle with AC on at a stop would increase vacuum on the booster....causing pedal to drop.

If your booster blows out...your pedal goes WAY down =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom