1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What does this Rig need?? I know i new body

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by Spydaz, Aug 21, 2006.

1. Spydaz

Spydaz

What about the frame. Whos Rig is this?? I may buy it for the bumpers and lift..

Last edited: Oct 20, 2006
  2. EricG

EricG

Damn ... somebody had a bad day.
    I wouldn't expect to much of that front bumper - something doesn't look quite right there. The back may be ok. I'll buy the wheel center caps from you if you do it :p

3. Spydaz

Spydaz

I'm going to take off the rear bumper and what ever else is useable, there 246k on her. I'm not sure if it has lockers yet, thats what i'm looking for to put in my rig.

4. MDarius

MDarius I break stuff. SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    It looks like it has step sliders, not running boards. I dibs those if you don't want 'em!

5. mooker82

mooker82

Is it just me or does the 3rd pic make it look like an FJCruiser? Rear bumper looks pretty good still. Looks like a Borla exhaust too. Id like to know the story behind what happened there.

6. Spydaz

Spydaz

I know nothing about the truck i am just bidding on it right now.

7. Spydaz

Spydaz

it honestly looks like it fell off a friggin cliff!

8. alkaline747trio

alkaline747trio

4/5 rims look good, and the interior should be decent, and probably the rear bumper. The front bumper would take some work, everything else could probably be sold for scrap metal (the frame would bring a lot).

9. stevek

stevek

I betcha the drivers seat is ruined:eek:

10. Spydaz

Spydaz

Thats what i was thinking. I think the ARB is pretty much unharmed except for the frame mounts, they are probably bent in the Up position from lokoing at the pics.

The interior is probably decent but with 246k miles??? I have to see it.

11. Nay

Nay

If the drivetrain is still functional, and the frame is not bent, it needs to have everything else removed and then the frame shortened and a buggy tubed up on top of the whole thing running 40" tires :grinpimp:

Nay

12. mooker82

mooker82

The ARB Looks like the top is pretty smashed (pushed forward to me). I would probably pass unless you can get if for $1000-1500. I would also view it in person though to make sure the rear bumper is okay. It would suck buy it and then none of the parts you want work. Figuring close to 250,000 miles I would rebuild the axles completely too. With the way the prices are dropping on 80's I would hold out and find a running truck with no damage. There are some popping up now for under $4000.

13. Spydaz

Spydaz

Under 4k where?? Not in my neck of the woods!!

14. -Spike-

-Spike-

Almost guaranteed to have lockers, and probably a lot of the maintenance items done as well. There's a lot of money in add-ons on that truck, somebody built it nicely, and probably did a lot of work to the mechanicals as well. I think I see some blue paint on the steering tie-rod, there might be a lot more suspension goodies under there. I'd snatch it up for parts.

-Spike

15. mooker82

mooker82

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=104888

He would probably take $4000. They also pop up on ebay now and then. Around here in SC 80's are still fetching a premium, atleast in Charleston. I agree with Spike that he probably did a lot of work to it maintance wise. I would just be worried about the things that may be bent from the rollover, like the axle housings.

16. Spydaz

Spydaz

Here in NY they are still going for $$$$. And yes i saw that tie rod, The truck looks great in the pics (except for the smashed parts) and it looks well taken care of, look at this engine shot...

take a look at the hella horns, the fog lights that are bent back on the ARB and the red tubing that this guy put in. What about the battery, its yellow but i don't think its an opti. Are thise blue boxes MSD boxes??

Last edited: Oct 20, 2006
  17. mooker82

mooker82

Looks like one of those heavy duty energizer batteries that Walmart carries. Its definately not an Optima. The red and yellow accenting on the hoses, power steering cap and air cleaner are odd. The engine bay is not as smashed up as I expected based on the first pics. Those boxes look like a Jacobs ignition system. Ive never heard of anyone installing one on an 80 series before. That would definately be tempting if you had the space and time to take the parts you need and part it out. Could also make a sweet buggy start. Ive been looking for a 40 to wheel for a while but the prices of those are so high that its tempting to buy an 80 thats banged up and start chopping.

18. Clutchee

Clutchee I'm fun sized! SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    If you purchase it.....I would like the pass seat motor for f/r movement.

Let me know.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">