What does the AC idle up have to do with reg Idle speed? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Did the lean drop yesterday just with the Idle mixture and idle speed. I have a 87 fj60, smogged, with ac. I got the idle to around 700rpm. Felt great. turned on ac Idles at 1500-1600rpm. went to adjust it down to the factory 1,000 RPM. got it there. turn off ac, and reg idle was to low. adjust it back to the 700 and the ac idle up is to high again. What do they have to do with each other. and how do I remedy this? the VSV is new. I did the vacuum test everything checked out. Some times when adjusting AC idle up. when actually pushing on the screw the idle falls rapidly. so then I think its a linkage but I don't see anything out of the ordinary. Vacuum was at 17.

Dumb preliminary question but you're using the correct screw for ac idle? (Not the same one as regular idle)

The AC idle up vacuum actuator is independent of the idle speed screw. No matter how the AC idle up screw is turned, it won't affect idle speed when the AC is off - unless it's linkage is sticking

The AC idle up vacuum actuator is independent of the idle speed screw. No matter how the AC idle up screw is turned, it won't affect idle speed when the AC is off - unless it's linkage is sticking
What linkage would that be and how do I just grease them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom