What does (insert your adjective) condition really mean? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cromagnon

SILVER Star
Threads
I realize that beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I am really amazed at the creative licensing used in the descriptions of FJ40s for sale. As a case in point here is an example of one described as "Excellent." 1977 TOYOTA LANDCRUISER In House Financing For Those Who Qualify -... Holy crap I'd hate to see a "Good!" So is there a diffinative standard, such as Kelly Blue Book, or is it all ad hoc, smoke and mirrors?

The plow is in......good.....shape......shaped like a plow anyway. And the tiires.......their shape......round......maybe that's what they mean....that's excellan, isn't it?
And it certainly has "excellent" window glass too. It really is the color of the glasses you are looking through!!:rofl:

The spare tire, wheel and hubcap seemed to be in excellent condition at least on my iPhone.

I don’t think you realize that very little human input was used for this ad.

almost looks fully auto generated minus the very basics and photos.

but yeah... pretty damn lame.

Gag me with a spork ! :D

i should call there later this morning and live real time record the speaker phone call ............. 🤔

i can black Saturday dud be shopping for a father and son project and see if i can not wet my pants laughing in the process .....?

i should email the seller this and ask how they compare ?

1606566757111.png

i should call there later this morning and live real time record the speaker phone call ............. 🤔

i can black Saturday dud be shopping for a father and son project and see if i can not wet my pants laughing in the process .....?

Not gonna lie.... I see a few parts on that wreck would like....

1978 model-year.
There isn't a windshield washer nozzle on the windshield frame that I can see, what makes it a '78 vice '77?

I believe that is an original Dunlop snow cruiser on that spare. Looks to have never touched the ground.

My roll cage looks a lot like the one on that...

I'm suddenly a little more confident in my roll cage.

1978 model-year.
There isn't a windshield washer nozzle on the windshield frame that I can see, what makes it a '78 vice '77?

Windshield washer moved to the top of the windshield with the 78 model (9/77).

No washer nozzle on the top of the windshield makes it a 77 model. The VIN is listed towards the bottom of the ad. FJ40255505 makes it 8/77, a late 77 model.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom