What does a 66 fj40 rear view mirror look like? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wdukes

SILVER Star
Threads
Just curious. I have seen all types in all years and have a bunch in boxes myself. Can someone help by showing what the 66 would actually come with?

Thank you!

Dukes

Gratuitous picture....because we all like progress pics

IMG_4942.jpg

Provide a pic of your mirror mounting holes to the windshield frame. That will add a lot to the investigation.

With the vent in the windshield, that isn't really a 66. My guess is you will be looking for the early mirror like from the @andybudge photo below.
1669648549352.png

Last edited:
Last edited:
Does the glass just stick to the metal frame with an adhesive or is there some sort of trim that goes around the edge?
It’s an adhesive that holds the mirror in place.

Dukes being that you’re looks like an early ‘65 post up the mounting holes on the windshield to see if it’s a 2 or 3 hole as Paul mentioned.

My experience has been with ‘65s that if you have a factory heater and fresh air intake it corresponds with the 3 hole rear view mirror and if no factory heater it’s the earlier 2 hole style. Given this is anecdotal but having had 10 or so cruisers in this ‘65 transition year it’s the pattern I have noticed.

I see short running boards, so Im going with the early 2 hole mirror! Also, wrong hardtop, should be corrugated!

With the vent in the windshield, that isn't really a 66. My guess is you will be looking for the early mirror like from the @andybudge photo below.View attachment 3179913
The build date was June 64...could be reason for different vent
Still shaking this thing out. It is very possible that parts were swapped at one time.

Thanks for all the great responses. I have sourced one of the early fat style mirrors(spendy). I have the rig in my shop about 45 minutes away...and a snowy mountain Pass. Will get you an update when I can get a hole pattern also.

Thanks to all again,
Dukes

Those quarter windows would be nice! my corrugated top does not have them. I dont have the scissor door attached right now but I imagine with it closed it would be really hard to see out the back.

FWIW
Mike Bradshaw sent me this picture from one of his 65s
Screenshot 2022-11-29 at 5.47.02 AM.jpg

Quarter windows were added to the corrugated top, another common mod to help with blind spots!
And for the win....Whitey45. Two holer it is!

IMG_5842 (1).jpg

Ended up getting this one
Got this one. Pretty sure I have purchased cruisers for less

mirror.jpg

mirror2.jpg

^I have one of those wide angle exterior side mirrors. The view out my 45SWB FT is not good. Hmmm...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom