What do you think this one owner 1970 Toyota Land Cruiser is worth? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

is there an issue with having just primer on it without paint? I almost want to just leave patch panels with just primer instead of spending a whole lot of money on paint. I want to use my rig for a long time too, and I feel like I would be too careful if I spent a whole bunch of money on paint matched paint

It depends on what's under the primer. If you just primed over paint, that's the best scenario. Primer is not a sealer so liquids like water will penetrate through it, down to bare metal or bondo if that's whats under it. It's also not good with UV so it'll go chalky pretty fast. You can probably use some sort of sealer over the primer if you want that look. I've never done it though. It would be an interesting experiment I suppose.

i just deleted a huge paragraph of thoughts on this… so I’m saying $6000. MAYBE $7000. but that’s coming from a guy who just loves his Land Cruiser …like 99% of us here. I’d hate to see it go to someone who sees it as any less than digging the S#i! out of it

as mentioned above….did it ever get sold?

i just deleted a huge paragraph of thoughts on this… so I’m saying $6000. MAYBE $7000. but that’s coming from a guy who just loves his Land Cruiser …like 99% of us here. I’d hate to see it go to someone who sees it as any less than digging the S#i! out of it

as mentioned above….did it ever get sold?

In Colorado there are 2 FJ40s under $10k. One is a complete basket case rust box no engine project for $4k that isn’t worth that in parts. The other is a project, not running at $9k

There aren’t 5-6k FJ40s anymore. This is a fairly original running solidish cruiser.

@FJBen a few miles from my house are 2..a running 69, no top and a rusty ‘81..the rear sill is totally gone as is both door sills by the running boards also gone Also needs ignition $14k

He must have sold it. He hasn’t been on here since January.

....and Warn hubs
And I don't think Toyota did two tone paint schemes with the rear hatch like that "exactly as it came from the factory"...

(walmart battery)

But, whatevers...

I've enjoyed watching several of those vice grip garage videos, but it's a lot of comedy to go with the "car", I'm sure he has to take some effort to make sure he ends up successful at the end of the video and not start with something hopeless (i.e. seized), but this really just looks cleaner than anything else I've seen that guy try and drive home, misses some of the comedy of the rodent and insect nests found inside, would be surprised to see him use it. At least in the released video it always looks like he does start with something that isn't known, tested recently by the current owner (with a new battery)...

It's a nice truck in reasonable shape, good start for a project. But that project that will have a lot of other expenses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom