1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you think about this tire?

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by 410225, Jan 5, 2004.

1. 410225

I am considering changing my tire. I looked at Tirerack.com for the comparison and my tire Bridgestone Dueler HT Dueler rates really low on all aspect. Also I am getting this humming from tires.
    So, I was thinking either Dueler A/T Revo or Yokohama Geolandar H/T-S G051.
    WHat do you guys think between these two?
    Dueler is $129 and Yoko's are $109

2. mjos

mjos

I ran the Revos on my Tacoma for a while. It's a really great tire. I recently went to a larger Yoko Geolander MT and they only lasted about 10K miles. I replaced them with the Nitto Terragraplers. These are some of the most agressive AT tires out and I love them. They are quiet and seem to be wearing very well. They perform awesome offroad too. The Geolander AT's have a pretty wimpy tread pattern.

Mark
    94 LC
    01 Tacoma

3. Shortbus

Shortbus

They both rate very high. Depends on your usage. If it's all around with some offroad, they'll be great. If you need a more serious tire offroad then you'll want to step up to a BFG All Terrain TA-KO or TA-KM.

Here's a survey of All Terrain tires from tirerack...

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/orat.jsp

And, here's a survey of all the Max Offroad tires from tirerack...

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/ormt.jsp

Another option for the "all around" tire is the Nitto Terra Grappler. Discount Tire Direct sells those and I'll be posting a review of them shortly. So far, they're excellent.

4. Pitbull

Pitbull

Do yourself a favor and look at Toyo M-55's. Tire rack does not sell these. Fine a Toyo dealer.

5. BigMac

BigMac SILVER Star

I run 285/75 Revos and love 'em, but I'm not a hard core wheeler. Quiet on the freeway at 75, little appreciable wear in 20K miles. No problems in the mud, sand and gravel I find on dirt roads & trails where I hunt in SoCal. Good luck, BigMac