What do you guys think about our upcoming Short Throw Shift Base? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A H55 Short Throw... Now that would be very cool!!

Not sure if my PM went through when I tried to send it (router went belly-up at about the same time I clicked the send button), but I have an H55 sitting in my shop that'll still be a while before I can install it on my truck. I'd be happy to provide the shifter base from it to help in the design of a short throw base.

I assume you'd need both the shifter base and the stick itself? Hopefully you wouldn't need the entire tranny, because that I can't ship :doh:

We have a few H55s here ourselves, it would just be a while until we are ready to evaluate the demand and see if it is going to be a cost efficient product to produce.

I'll mention it to CruzrDave, our in-house Cruiser guru, and see what he thinks.

Regards,
BigMike

Sent via Tapatalk

Got some updates
psss.gif

Here is our rapid prototype we approved just before New Year's Day:

shortthrow-W56ab-prototype.jpg

And here is our first batch just about ready for anodizing and laser etching :D

shortthrow-W56ab-tease01.jpg

Exclusive feature: We've included the thickness of the very hard to find and very leak-prone thick factory rubber gasket with those six spacers/washers into the base so all you'll need is simple silicone applied on just one surface and it's done. This one piece short throw base will replace 8 factory leak-prone pieces, and features our same unique serviceable shift pins as well!

Application includes 1985-1988 W56-A/B transmissions. Next we will work on 1989-1995 W56-C/D/E bases which will also be one piece and will incorporate a Short Throw T/Case lever as well.
thumbs.gif

shortthrow-W56ab-tease02.jpg

If you have a 6cyl Toyota or a G-series transmission, then check out all the bases we already offer for you by visiting Transmission Shifter Parts.

Regards,
BigMike

Any update on the C/D/E bases? Gonna need a new clutch soon and would be nice to do the base and bushing too.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom