What do you do with the leftovers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

rusty_tlc

Dain Bramaged Member
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
I am starting to have a pretty impresive pile of left over parts. Mostly OEM stuff that I have replaced.
What's the best way to get rid of these sundry items?
So far the choices I have come up eith are;
Sell them piecmeal here and on other boards.
Sell them on E-bay.
Wait til next July and go to Petaluma for the swap meet.

Any other ideas?

Keep them for your second (or third) cruiser ;)

Mace said:
Keep them for your second (or third) cruiser ;)
Can I come live with you? Cause my wife will kick me out if I buy another project Cruiser. :D :D

Actually it's stuff like the air injection rail, OEM bumper (bent), air pump. Not stuff I would likely need for another Cruiser. But stuff some into a resto project might want.

It depends what you have..... this thread is worthless if don't mention what it is that you have.:)

I have a HUGE list of odds and ends that I need but I can only read minds out to 30 miles.

Sell it all.

Any old horn buttons or LV stuff you send to me!!

Anything that is serviceable will have some value at some point. Anything emission control related would be something to NOT toss as well as odd-ball brackets and do-dads that are discontinued. At some point others like Ground up will be doing restorations and such items will be useful to folks like that.

i usually weld it all together and put it on the front lawn to rust
I like that!
I think at some point anyone that has a "collector" car ends up with extra parts, from repairs, accumulation, modifications, or whatever. I keep 'em, never know when they'll come in handy... for someone. Sell, 'em, give 'em away, whatever works. Some people won't take money - bad Karma. Barter is great. If a part can still be used, at least for awhile, it'll still have some value, just don't rip people off...

nial

You could just hang on to them and keep an eye on the parts wanted board, unless you have a real space problem. Other than that I think you've pretty much got it covered. I agree with everybody else though, don't throw them out!

fjwagon said:
It depends what you have..... this thread is worthless if don't mention what it is that you have.:)
I didn't want to run a for sale add in the tech column. If that's oaky I'll do it, just didn't want to get in trouble with the post police.

Trekker: Lets start working on the mind reading thing, I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 10. :D :D

I'd never throw away anything FJ40 related unless it was totally unusable. I gave my OEM wheels and hub caps to a friend who was doing a restoration.

Edit:I'll try to inventory everything this weekend and post a complet list. I need to empty the storage unit by next spring. I'd rather sell here than e-bay stuff to people who don't really know what they are buying.

Last edited:
I hear ya rusty tlc. I myself have accumulated many parts that I know I will never use again but someone else probably would. I first post up my cruiser goodies in the for sale section for pretty cheap and if they don't sell they usually become freebies. I'm happy as long as someone who wants the parts get them and uses them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom