What do you clean your factory aluminum wheels with? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Mine look like crap, several years of salt in UT didnt help. I cleaned them with 409 and a pressure washer, looked better, but the "rough" inside of the spokes still has black spots. I researched acid washing, but that apparently is a bad idea as the acid will continue to eat at the wheels after you think you have it all washed off.

I aint looking for perfect or mirror polished aluminum (considered spray painting them the silver color of the steelies). Is there a secret cleaner short of sand blasting that will clean these wheels?

thanks

just paint them. rustoleum makes a hammerite finish that's looks really good. after a decade in UT I only had to touch mine up once or twice over the years.

I just did mine with simple green and a small wire brush. I only used the wire brush on the rough inner cast. Mine are pitting in the rough part and i beleive once the clesrs coat stars coming off there's no stopping it. This method did make quite a difference and in about a month they still look pretty good. Hope it helps

i had all kinds of pitting on mine. Like LOTS of pitting. I used a die grinder with a gasket remover wheel, actually about 6 or 8 of them. It's smoothed them out pretty good but I'd still need some kind of polish to get them to like new.

"What do you clean your factory aluminum wheels with?"

ah! a very refined grade of snow and mud ;P

But on a more serious note the Turtle Alu. Compound stuff has worked good on mine.

(sorry for the bold it wont turn off!)

I used Armour all tire cleaner,it worked great. Mike

Powder coat:)

Steel wool and rattle can flat black. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom