What do y'all think of the update so far?

What do you think of the update?

• Total voters

yotadude520

Mini-Truck Enthusiast
SILVER Star
I know the update isn't done yet and we can't see all the new features yet, but just curious as to what other mudder's first impressions were!

They did keep the old smilies so that's a win :flipoff2::happy:

LINUS

Waiting for the Great Pumpkin

I’m hoping I can tweak the font to look more like the old style....the bolder white & thicker letters are easier for guys like me with mild dyslexia.

Now I see I have to slow back down & re-read more, thus making tech in the 80 or 200/Tundra sections tougher.

But hey, just initial impression.
I’ve no idea what tools the new software has that we “lacked” before - stuff that integrates for other social media sites maybe?

yotadude520

Mini-Truck Enthusiast
SILVER Star
I’m hoping I can tweak the font to look more like the old style....the bolder white & thicker letters are easier for guys like me with mild dyslexia.

Now I see I have to slow back down & re-read more, thus making tech in the 80 or 200/Tundra sections tougher.

But hey, just initial impression.
I’ve no idea what tools the new software has that we “lacked” before - stuff that integrates for other social media sites maybe?
There's a little button by the bell that if you click changes it to a white background with black lettering! It may help. The big thing is a search overhaul I guess and the integrated reactions. Still not sure how I feel about it yet either, time will tell!

BMThiker

I aim to misbehave
SILVER Star

Looks better on mobile. I used the "watched threads" and "watched forums" buttons frequently at the top navi bar and now they are hidden under the menu burger on mobile.

I'm not in love with the layout on full desktop browser. For some reason it seems harder to read. Less color contrast between read and unread threads or something... I'm sure I'll get used to it.

[Edit, recent changes to text formatting have made it easier to read. The watched functions are simply a click away too.]

Last edited:
Looks better on mobile. I used the "watched threads" and "watched forums" buttons frequently at the top navi bar and now they are hidden under the menu burger on mobile.

I'm not in love with the layout on full desktop browser. For some reason it seems harder to read. Less color contrast between read and unread threads or something... I'm sure I'll get used to it.
Yup. Harder to read on the desktop and read/unread.

thatcabledude

SILVER Star
I clicked "reply" below your post...and typed my reply....unsure how it could be easier...
The "insert quote" function is what isn't working correctly on mobile. You have to zoom out and scroll up to select what you are quoting. It's fine on computer.

Top Bottom