What did you put in your military trailer today? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
How about some action pictures of what you do with your military trailer. Ours is used for everything from camping and hauling firewood, to hauling the trash and as a BIG wheelbarrow. I think it is probably one of the better purchases I've made and always a conversation starter.

IMG_0383.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

100_3033.jpg

100_3045.jpg

000_0834.jpg

Last edited:
109_1653.jpg

LunchWhiteRiverGameMgtArea2.jpg

Camping supplies.

Currently there's a 60" diamondplate truck chest bolted in it to secure camping supplies, but I guess I haven't taken any pics of that setup.

Need to make a large hinged cover for it.

Lockhart Basin Rd. May 2010. Gear for 2 for 3 nights on the trail.
Moab10_1.jpg

Storage bin right now :meh:. I didn't want it sitting in the rain all winter so it's in the garage loaded with a couple sets of wheels and spare parts. Otherwise it's a great utility/camping trailer.

Do like this thread. Keep 'em coming. My 'bought from neighbor' trailer doesn't qualify, but I very much like the concept.

Didn't realize the 416's could use Yakima mounts rite on the top rail, yippee!

Details please, [STRIKE]on Corprins beefy uprights trailer,[/STRIKE] and Dells [STRIKE]subrail iron framing[/STRIKE].

https://forum.ih8mud.com/trailer-tech/312301-unique-m416-style-trailer-project.html what an amazing opportunity!

https://forum.ih8mud.com/trailer-tech/481449-manual-lid-lift-support-rods.html Dell's M100 Trailer - TTORA Forum

Corbet: you one crazy dude, unless those rounds are well seasoned. ;) or you have teens :p

Last edited:
Do like this thread. Keep 'em coming. My 'bought from neighbor' trailer doesn't qualify, but I very much like the concept.

Didn't realize the 416's could use Yakima mounts rite on the top rail, yippee!

The Yakima racks do work but I wouldn't put too much weight on them. The last time I used them a front mount came lose and tried to dump my mountain bike. I'm trying to come up with a more secure mount. I like the fact that you can store stuff on top and still have access to the bottom.

Here is a pic of my 1953 M100:

Last edited:
Nice loads and trailers everybody!

700 square feet of insulation out of our attic. A friend had taken my 12' x 6' utility trailer so it all had to fit in the truck and m100.

CanyonFire9-4-11003.jpg

Corbet: you one crazy dude, unless those rounds are well seasoned. ;) or you have teens :p

Today's load was not very well seasoned. I have no teens, someday, but he has over a decade of seasoning before he will be able to help much. Anyway its amazing how much abuse these trailers will take. The M101a is rated for 1500lbs offroad. I drove it off the mountain on its bumpstops. Probably 2500-3000lbs of wood and 6 miles of rocky forest road.
100_0442small.JPG
100_0441small.JPG
100_0444small.JPG

I've never seen anyone squat their M101 trailer before.

Since I finished the M116A2...it's been a pleasure to go pick up supplies and the like.

I put a sump pump in the basement, and was able to get the jack hammer, 8 bags of gravel, a bag of concrete, the plastic well, and the wheelbarrow...all in one fell swoop.

Not any different than what you could do in a pick up, but all the same very convenient. The one thing I am considering is sides, about the height of the fender...it was a bit of a pain securing everything, where in the back of the truck is a non-issue.

I do get lots of looks and comments, especially from the old war horses...:beer:
m116a2.jpg

OK, I'l,l play. Use mine for firewood, topsoil, camping, trash, whatever....

I commend you for working that trailer like a man. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom