What did you pay for your locked 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Im looking for a locked 80, found a stock 96 locked with 167000 miles with great maintence records. In the shop every 30000 to service what ever needed serviced. I live in Colorado so these are hard to come by and in high demand. Its white and looks to be in good shape outside. The inside is OK with no rips just wear like a truck with 167000 would have. KBB on this is 10635 with those miles.
I will look at drive and engage lockers to make sure just wondering what kind of ballpark these are in, and what you paid for yours. Im afraid if I hold out for one less money it will be trashed or not maintained

I bought my 1997 FZJ80 CE with factory lockers for 15k with 97,000 miles on the odom.
Perhaps I overpaid......I don't care. I had been looking for almost a year and missed out on other 80's by minutes on at least two occasions.
When I found this one with lockers and my color I pounced.
MINE!

J

$7500.00 for mine in 12/06

i paid 12500 in the end about a year ago. 97, locked, my color, 124000 on the odometer

I paid $15,200 for mine had 86k on the odometer did I over pay absoulutely not! Bought it off Ebay I live in MN picked her up in VA. Been in love ever since;)

P.S bought it in May 2006

Last edited:
$11,500 for my one-owner 97 locked CE with 96,400 in 11/05.:D

$4,700 for a 93, cloth interior and 154,000 miles. Also an exhaust leak, the rear locker was sticky, and there were two rust spots on the back hatch. California car, one owner, inside and body were clean. This was about a month ago:cool:

I paid $6,000 for my 1995 1 year ago. Locked, stock, dented and scratched with 199,000 miles but maintained. Haven't had any issues with it, fingers crossed.

I paid 10.5K for my locked '96 with 128,000 on the clock in April 2006. Since it resided originally in the rust best then the Mid Atlantic, the exhaust had to be redone from the down pipe on back (~$500 with two cats and two Flowmaster Huspower two mufflers - one used as the resonator). Everything else has been routine maintenance for the mileage.

$36k in 1997, 43000mi, lockers; 2nd owner; still had the kids stickers (candy) between the seats. Rear locker didn't work, Toy guys fixed it free.

Bought in 2006
117k miles
1997 White Collectors Edition Locked
$11,000

Some might think I paid too much. I don't.:beer:

I know your asking about factory lockers but...
I paid $3500 for my 93 unlocked and am installing Arb's at the cost of $1650. totals $5150 for an Arb locked 93.

http://www.autotrader.com/
Search AutoTrader to see what the going cost is.
I have been looking for a replacment 80 and I think $9000 and less is the going price in CO and UT.
Unless the seller knows what lockers are, there should be no extra cost for lockers.

I have found it best to have the seller check the axle code as they have no clue how to tell if it has lockers, they say "Yes, it has lockers, 4H and 4L":rolleyes: not even knowing what they are talking about.

Yes I will check tomorrow I know Im looking for thr "4" after the K on the door pannel. I asked the seller to look to the left of the wheel and tell me what she sees and she said slowly R....R............R...R....F.....F.... diff lock push. So far so good. They are the second owner and have every record of everything done and I guess its a very large folder. Better than the last locked one I saw.... 1 page about 10 items 147000 miles. She was aking 9000 and after I drove it she told me she would sell it for maybee 4000...... The toyota dealer I had look at said it needed AT LEAST $5000 in repairs. Thats what no maintenence does for you. When I saw it it was a couple quarts low on oil, main seal blown. Toyota said it needed a new axle I said the whole thing they said YUP. Very nice lady but her day was ruined.... So is the LX

Got ya beat! I paid $3500 for my locked '96 with 129,000 on it. Of course I had to straighten the roof and left side and repaint it, but who wants to niggle about the little things when we have lockers.
As it sits now it has a 3" lift with 1 1/4" spacers in front, custom front bumper with winch and 315 Nittos and I have $5100 invested.
Rear bumper, tire carrier and sliders are on the drawing board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom