What did you pay for your locked 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bought my 94 in October of 2006 w/ 61,000 mi. on it. It's locked, loaded and pefect. Pd $10,000 out the door at Lexus. It was headed for e-bay. They asked $14,000 to start.

Chris

$46K in 8/94. :D

Paid $31.5K for mine (Lexus CPO) with 35K miles on it in May, 2001.
(I was hooked to buying it after seeing the stamped date of 12/'97 on the B pillar.)

Bumping just for posterity and to add some perspective to how things have changed over time.

I won't disclose what I paid, but I can say it was far, far below what I could sell it for today.

I got lucky in july of 2018. paid 4500.00 for a triple locked 1994 with 152xxx on the clock. It had not been started in 2+ years. it had front end damage that was repaired accept for AC. Began with gas tank cleaning new fuelpump by denso and 7200.00 in ac repair, sliders,front and rear bumpers , 5 new 35 inch tires. the bad is leather seats shot is about it and coffee stains in original carpet. Everything works.

$14k with 125,000 mi in 2014. Flew from San Diego to Reno and drove it back home.

$4000 - January of 2016 in the high desert of Oregon - 267k miles, zero rust, no dents, new HG, no tail pipe smoke, running smooth as ever but very dusty and dirty. It was used but not abuse and apparently well maintained, not a pristine unit but a very solid platform to start with as there were no big issues needing immediate attention.

$5500 in September of 2014. Paid way too much based on condition, mileage and history. And have since paid way too much in maintenance and questionable upgrades. Definitely gonna lose my ass if I ever sell. :eek:

1995 locked with 146k on the clock and a new OEM short block with rebuilt head with 40K on it, new interior and ZERO rust. ARB front, 4X4 labs rear and MT sliders
Guy wanted 14K but someone already had "dibs" on it.. so I offered him 15K. The buyer with "dibs" didnt want to go to 15K so I got it.
Very happy with my investment! (bought in 2017)

I paid 10k in October of 2019 for my 158k supercharged 1996. Previous owner passed away and it had been sitting for around 4 years. I bought it non-running. Tack on another 4k in tax, OEM maintenance parts and wits end upgrades.

~$6500 in 2012 I think. 118,000 miles at the time.

I bought my 1997 FZJ80 CE with factory lockers for 15k with 97,000 miles on the odom.
Perhaps I overpaid......I don't care. I had been looking for almost a year and missed out on other 80's by minutes on at least two occasions.
When I found this one with lockers and my color I pounced.
MINE!

J
>CE
>Locked
>97k mi
>$15 grand
>perhaps I overpaid

FUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom