1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHAT DID YOU LEARN TODAY or THIS WEEKEND 6/24-6/27??

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Liam, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Liam

Liam

Media:
    Albums:
    I learned that prebuying 100 raffle tickets at CMCC will only win you a tee shirt...the kicker is, it's not my size.

I learned that my 60 can wheel....too bad the driver can't :crybaby:

I learned that toilet paper has multiple uses - wiping your ass AND modification to a broken Thule roof rack...

2. Liam

Liam

Media:
    Albums:
    i lalso earned that people actually like lamb - especally when they have been drinking..

3. Junk

Junk

I learned that while you obviously only have 1 talent in life, that you cook a meanass lamb - now you owe me the low down on exactly where I should buy, exactly what seasoning you used and how to cook it. You can be my lamb bitch. :D

I learned that the hardware provided with towbars should be replaced before it's used because having a bolt deform and snap while towing down the highway really sucks. :eek:

4. chet

chet

I learned that if you are standing in the blistering sun all day sat. it would have been a good idea to put sunscreen on your face and ears!

Oh I also learned that the way my dog poops is not all that wierd! :eek:

5. PabloCruise

PabloCruise

Let me guess, a 2XL TLCA 25th Anniversary shirt from 2001???

:rolleyes:

6. mabrodis

mabrodis

I learned it will cost ~$7000 to have our backyard landscaped in the cheapest fashion...that is ofcourse having someone else do all the work...which will not happen, so the good news is if they say $7K, then it's probably $3K worth of materials...which I can handle.. :cool:

I learned that if I bought one of them fancy-smancy sprinklers (ball looking things from another thread) I would probably glue a toy on it so it looked like it was peeing all the time.. :D

I learned that with fresh flowers the best way to keep them fresh is to not use any of that flower food crap, but just dump all the water out each night and replace with clean cold water...seriously we've gotten probably 3 weeks out of normal flowers...my theory is when a flower starts to go bad it releases chemicals that make others go bad too...I know fruit does this, a ripe banana will make all other fruit around it ripen alot faster...but keeping on putting in cold water really helps...

I learned I can actually ride 15.4 miles and can still walk after it, not easily, but it can be done. I also learned on said bike ride that my heavily padded seat, then 2" gell seat cover, then padded riding pants were all a very good idea.. :D I learned that them fancy shoes with clips to hook to the pedals are alot of work, I didn't have them but most people did and several fell over before getting out of them, course the trail was really nasty there and not one of the group could ride over/around the rocks (often scraping your bike and you to just get through)...I just casually walked my bike through...also learned that I was the only one of 6 of us that didn't have blood on them at the end of the ride. :cool:

I learned that two my friend's new job pays alot more than he's worth...cool for him...

7. stayalert

stayalert SILVER Star

0.6 mile portage with a 70lb. adirondack guideboat and cooler is made easier with wheels.

0.6 mile portage down hill to lake is easier than return trip

empty cooler on return trip weighs less but introduces other burden.

Jumping into crystal clear pool in a flowing stream on a 90 degree day feels good - really good.

Honey is awesome

better to leave work friday at noon and arrive at 5:30 than leave work at 5:30 and arrive at midnight.

8. wob

wob

I learned that Mark is a :princess:.

:D

9. Liam

Liam

Media:
    Albums:
    Actually it was an XL, which isnt too bad, and a...... :rolleyes: , i dont remember what it is..

BUT -i did get a cool TOYODA knife for being the "most annoying person" on mud. :cheers:

10. Liam

Liam

Media:
    Albums:
    yes, i have one talent, but it is a good one!!!

You can get the best price on that lamb at COSTCO. I put kosher salt and creole seasoning - put a thick coat of the creole on the fat side cuze it burns off when over the flame. Cook lamb so that the center is a 135 degrees and let it sit for 5 minutes (off the fire), cut up and eat...

Be sure to turn the racks over a lot so that the fat keeps running through the meat.

11. Owyhee Jackass

Owyhee Jackass

I learned I still have a job, but ~34% of the rest of the company doesn't.

My seven-year-old son learned (yesterday afternoon sometime) that a fine point Sharpie will not start a '95 80 series.

My wife learned (this morning) that her key would not go into the ignition of her 80.

12. 2badfjs

2badfjs

that if your kid SMACKS his head at the top of the alpine slide,
    he will cry all the way down,
    AT FULL SPEED!!! :D

also....
    when riding with your kid sittin in front of you on a alpine sled at full speed.......
    never tell your kid "we're flyin now!!!!!!"
    cause you'll wipe out right after doing so.( not me, but we watched a guy slide about 75 feet on his back with his kid riding on his dads belly) :D :D

ALPINE SLIDES RULE!!!!!!!!

13. mabrodis

mabrodis

Nope, but getting a few weeks out of relatively cheap Costco flowers makes the :princess: happy...well kinda...

:D

14. apcoleman

apcoleman

John still won't stop taking about that lamb you cooked.

15. PabloCruise

PabloCruise

:eek: Whoah! Sorry man, for you and your (former) co-workers...

Are you at Intel?

Cause there was a Sharpie stuck in there? :D

16. Owyhee Jackass

Owyhee Jackass

Same industry, if Intel was still buying our product we wouldn't be laying off so many, so often. It seems RIF's are all we do. I guess they gave a decent severance package this time. Makes me wonder if I should'nt have volunteered for it.

Yeah, he broke the metal tip of the pen off in there. He owned up to it right away, so atleast I new what happened. I went home at lunch and was able to fish it out with some bailing wire.

17. grrlscout89FJ62

grrlscout89FJ62

I learned that Lake Powell is a beautiful place, and that it's possible to gain 4 pounds in fewer than 48 hours if you consume lots of beer, steak, eggs, bacon, and Doritos.

18. cruiserhead

cruiserhead

You really do meet the nicest people in a Land Cruiser.Noah cooks a mean lamb(thanks again).My truck can keep up with the big dogs,well mostly.

19. bh4rnnr

bh4rnnr

20. brian

brian SILVER Star

that when i want to make plans to go somewhere/ do something, i'll have to work, and when i really, REALLY want to go somewhere(the thing at paragon) the cruiser will take a s***(waterpump).