What Did You Learn Today 7/14???

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Liam, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Liam

Liam

Media:
    Albums:
    I learned that my company doesnt want to see me go and offered me an obscene amount of money to stay....

I learned that i am still going to Atlanta and leaving $$ on the table

I learned that the CEO of my company understands the oppertunity i have in front of me and he also thinks of me as a son......

I learned that i am fianally over the guilty feeling of leaving and i am fawking excited about my new job.

and lastly

I learned a lot about myself today... :)

2. woody

woody unhelpful spotter Staff Member Admin

Media:
    Albums:
    I learned I am too old to be out drinking until bar close on a weeknight.

I learned I can effectively communcate "true" offroading to those who believe "silent sports" are the only way a state park should be recreated in, and that even the chairman of the state trails council will aplaud your cause.

I remember now why I no longer eat big lunches <urp>

I heard a rumor that the largest gathering ever of forum moderators may be occuring in Attica on the 23rd, and that I ought to have my drinkin gloves with me.

3. dfmorse

dfmorse

I learned that there are hidden things inside FJ40 wire looms...

"Yazaki ignition resistor"

4. Degnol

Degnol

Media:
    Albums:
    I learned that when your wife wants to start a home-based business, you instantly become a Venture Capitalist.

I'm.....not......sure.......that.....I......want ......to ........be......a...venture capitalist.

But I are one now.

Ed

5. mabrodis

mabrodis

Sweet, I've been looking for one of them..I have this awesome idea for spray-on mud, it'll be the next rage. :D

6. 2badfjs

2badfjs

I LEARNED THAT WOODY PROLLY SPENT ALL THE $50. ( :mad: caps) that his wife gave him, cause he closed the bar.
    were'nt you suposed to be home by 10pm? :doh:

7. LoveTractor

LoveTractor

Media:
    Albums:
    I learned that mooker82, Trapper, and I (and any other Charleston-area 'Mud members I've forgotten about) are going to be treated to one kicka$$, 30-minute fireworks display this evening to celebrate the opening of the new Cooper River bridge connecting Chuck Town to Mt. Pleasant. http://monitor.admin.musc.edu/bridge/ and http://www.cooperriverbridge.org/
    Largest suspension bridge in the Western Hemisphere. The two older bridges it's replacing(The Grace built 1928 and The Pearman built 1966) have both recieved safety scores of 4 and 16(out of 100) respectively. Needless to say, we are excited.
    Now I'm only waiting for beaufort-fj60 to come in and say he hates Charleston and the builders and backers of the bridge are all crooks. :flipoff2: (I'm takin' you to Luther's one of these days!)

8. stinkyfj60

stinkyfj60

I learned not to turn my back on my Terrier mutt when there are freshly BBQ-ed Burgers on the counter top...

Jason

9. IDave

IDave

Media:
    Albums:
    Details, man, details.

10. Liam

Liam

Media:
    Albums:
    I just learned that someone is coming over to look at my 60 for sale....

11. bigndn

bigndn

Media:
    Albums:
    that the county I live in has approved Sunday liquor sales.

and.........

that it's damn near impossible to get any real work done while the cheerleader thread is still going strong.

12. mabrodis

mabrodis

I learned I'm probably too lazy to take down the brushed nickel fan I bought, so I'll probably just keep it, and if anyone questions it I'll say it's cause I'm cutting edge! :D

I learned it's hot as a mutha out there today, it was 94 sometime this morning, probably no hotter than that now, but that's alot hotter than in here...also learned it's really easy to cut your finger while putting wood into my truck for camping this weekend...stupid soft skinned keyboard hands!

I learned there is only a few girls in the cheerleader thread I wouldn't 'hit', and I'd hit some 2 or 3 times to make up for those... I :love: hot girls.. :D

13. beaufort-fj60

beaufort-fj60

Media:
    Albums:

i have a "house/shop" in N. Chuck, only make it up there about twice a month. I was recently broken into and ranshackled, ahh got to love N. Chuck

14. PHBeerman

PHBeerman

What???? Could you not buy liquor on Sundays in Sandpoint?
    Is that why people in Sandpoint were always so angry??

I learned that besides having the worst football field in the state of Idaho, Sandpoint also could not sell booze on Sundays.

15. 2badfjs

2badfjs

stupid soft skinned keyboard hands!

PANSY!! :D

hope you have a great weekend mark!!!!

16. fj40crusher

fj40crusher

I have learned that having a wife and 3 kids a stressful job and a whole bunch of other s*** going on...makes it very hard to stay sober!

I WANNA :beer:

17. mooker82

mooker82

I learned that im going to be sitting on the roof of a 3 story house at the end of Sullivans Island drinking a lot of beer while watching the fireworks. :beer:

18. swank60

swank60

Good work! We need more moderate voices to help find the middle ground in this black and white society we've made for ourselves. Good on ya!

I learned that while black bean burritos and potato chips with dip are both very good, they are not very good together as lunch, and make for an upset stomach later...

I also learned that if the better half is out of the car when I have the resulting gas from my lunch, when she gets back, she'll a) blame the smell on my son and a probable dirty diaper and b) if I don't fess up to it, she'll drop it and forget about it.

19. sandcruiser

sandcruiser

Media:
    Albums:
    I learned that sitting at the blackjack table drinking scotch until only-god-knows what hour is an effective way to eliminate all productivity the next day. Especially if there is a cheerleader thread on mud.
    I also learned that if you spend all night drinking with your business partner, that he will also fail to show up at the office the next day, effectively eliminating all real estate business from said office for that day.

and that the dog doesn't sympathize with hangovers, she still wants to go to the beach.

20. Brentbba

Brentbba Former Golfer SILVER Star

I learned that sandcruiser was probably separated from some of his money last night too!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.