1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What did you learn today 7/12?

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by mabrodis, Jul 12, 2005.

1. mabrodis

mabrodis

I learned Noah's wife is really attached to her job...which is very cool...and also that she's really attached to Noah, and that ain't right! :D

I learned a head-hunter guy looking for a job for me doesn't really know what he's talking about but can throw out keywords to sound knowledgeable.

I learned my son loved his first swimming lesson yesterday.. :D

I learned there is a reason why you put drip irrigation on new trees, carrying ~20 5-gallon buckets of water sucks.

I learned my friend FINALLY went and picked up the 11 quarts of RedLine gearlube I had already called a local store and bought on the phone, she said she would pick it up on Thursday, then Friday, finally did it yesterday...damn she's unreliable, won't be doing that again.

I learned I'm going to be really psyc'd to go camping this weekend.. :D

2. Metal Spice

Metal Spice

I learned that even though TS Dennis is now parked over us & the skies have been menacing all day, it doesn't mean it will rain.

I learned that TY posted something so God awful yesterday that it had to be deleted & I'm thankful that I never saw it.

I learned that we all support him & care about him in spite of it.

I learned that XM Satellite online sounds like absolute crap today & I didn't get my O & A fix because of it.

I learned that some people won't step up to the plate & take responsibility for things they have or haven't done & will let a good team take the fall for them instead.

3. Liam

Liam

Media:
    Albums:
    I learned at times to step back and look at people with compassion rather than disbelief..

I have learned that Mabro is right....my wife doesnst deserve me.... :D :D

I have learned that the US is compared to the Yankees in the worlds eyes, which is too bad - i hate the Yankees

I have learned that if you post a pic of yourself and ask "what do you think of this shirt" that you will get comments on your sideburns, the beer you're drinking, the glass you are drinking it out of, and your sexual prefrence.....

4. Koffer

Koffer

I learned that having my roady 2 in the work van is cool so I could hear XM202 all day long ;p

5. swank60

swank60

It's taken you that long to learn that? Jeeze. I can remember Mark hammering on you about the length of your blinds in one of the photos you put up a few months ago...

I learned that I have 10+ tiny illustrations to put out by the end of the day, and I have a gut feeling that it ain't going to happen.

I have also learned that I've slipped right back into the rut I was in just before vacation, and that I can't figure out how to get out of it.

6. Metal Spice

Metal Spice

Sure, rub it in.

7. tea LC

tea LC

I learned today to NEVER blindly pick up a beverage in your car and take a swig -- turns out someone put a cigar butt in my arizona iced tea bottle last night -- today i tasted mush and almost puked in my mouth.

8. swank60

swank60

...and it just about made me puke, too...at least now I don't have to go eat lunch...

9. PHBeerman

PHBeerman

Learned that lesson long ago. Since I was a chewer for 15 years.

10. patride71

patride71

i've learned that i can do a days work here at my new office in about 4 hours.

rest of the time i feel like costanza trying to look busy while secretly surfing Mud.

i've learned that Noah is color blind and has pretty good taste in beer to make up for it.

i've learned that there are some pretty forgiving folks here on Mud....

11. Koffer

Koffer

O&A party rock :cheers:

12. Metal Spice

Metal Spice

Spread the virus! :cheers:

13. Jman

Jman

Just be thankful it wasn't your yet to be disposed of "trucker bomb" :D

14. Deep South Cruisers

Deep South Cruisers 1978 FJ40 ~ 283 V8

I learned that ants can and will shut the down power on a breaker box.

I learned the the wasps like to nest in phone connection boxes, next to their pals... the ants.

I learned that my renter is a lazy fawktard and would let a house burn down before he bought a $4.27 breaker.

15. LoveTractor

LoveTractor

Media:
    Albums:
    I learned yet again that I'm burnt out on school. 29 and taking a basic math course that I put off the first go-around really blows and I have NO idea what I'm doing. When am I ever gonna use the Borda-Count voting method in everyday life?
    I learned late last night that I'm getting really excited about my 80 that'll be here on Saturday. Couldn't sleep. Sort of feels like the week before Christmas when I was a kid. :bounce: :bounce2:
    I learned that no matter how much I'll enjoy the free time I have when my girlfriend leaves for Hawaii the day after tomorrow for 2 weeks, I'll still miss the hell out of her. :crybaby:

16. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

I learned that no matter what s***e goes down in my life, MUDsters can be counted on - no questions asked.

I learned that cleaning at 0430 can be satisfying.

I learned that not until 0630 can you see all the polution that the nearby traffic deposits on the terrace siding, and suddenly feel compelled to grab a bucket and cloth to clean up all the black soot :eek:

I learned that when you're tired, and have been passed out in the sun, that an incorrect course of action is to come inside and down a bowl of frozen chocolate yogurt. Sugar--insulin dump--no sugar--sooooooo sleepy; AGAIN!! :frown:

I learned that CNN is the Walmart of mass media, and needs to be destroyed. We hate it, but we can't avert our eyes ...

TY

17. mabrodis

mabrodis

Well I think some questions should be asked, but duh...we're not like your Aunt Thelma who would beat you with wooden spoons when you're being bad! :D

Hmm, endless late-night cleaning...I just learned TY is on meth... :D

18. Metal Spice

Metal Spice

or coke.

19. Liam

Liam

Media:
    Albums:
    or crack

20. NorCalDoug

NorCalDoug problems solved daily...

CNN = Canadian News Network? :confused: