What did you learn today 5/19??

I learned two things today

1. I learned why not to drive drunk - my friend got pulled over on his way home and recived a DUI.....dumbass, but i am sure we all have made a mistake and drove home when we prolly shouldnt have.

2. I learned that i have impressive presentation skills even when my blood alcohol level is hovering around 2.8

I learned that Swank probably has touched his lighting guy's penis at some point. . . . . :rolleyes:

I learned that I can't reach the ******* leaves stuck to my windshield without cracking my mouth on the steering wheel. . . . . :doh:

I learned no matter how hard you try to get a project done, if you don't know what you're doing, it will never get done.

I learned our new Panasonic cordless phone (bought last night at Walmart with 2 handsets for $77 if you're curious) has about 10 different ringers, not one of which is a 'normal' ringer. Wierd music is cool on a cellphone, but for a homephone..odd.

NorCalDoug

problems solved daily...

Noah said:

1. I learned why not to drive drunk - my friend got pulled over on his way home and recived a DUI.....dumbass, but i am sure we all have made a mistake and drove home when we prolly shouldnt have.
I know someone who got busted for the same. In CA (other places might be different), he ended up shelling out about $28k (yes, $28,000) in legal fees, court fees, fines, ankle bracelet rental, etc. :eek:

A cab's much less expensive...

NorCalDoug said:
I know someone who got busted for the same. In CA (other places might be different), he ended up shelling out about $28k (yes, $28,000) in legal fees, court fees, fines, ankle bracelet rental, etc. :eek:

A cab's much less expensive...
Wow!!

I kinda think that's good. I never drink so I don't have alot of leeway for people that do and do stupid things, so I'm definetly biased, but putting other people at risk on the roads from something you did IMO should be punished quite severely.

I learned every time i let one rip in the office someone walks in 2 seconds later!

Also learned calling older guys i work with "god father" or "doctor" makes them feel good about themselves to the point their wifes tell me its sometimes dinner conversation! < wow

I learned that now I have a real job, it is almost impossible to keep up with this board....

Never really realized when I was telecommuting how much time I was spending on here....

I learned that Finland has the highest literacy rate because it is the home of Nokia. The youngsters get cell phones early in life hence, through text messaging, learn reading and their ABCs earlier and faster than any other nation.

(the above=What word for "knowledge of little use" also means an intersection of three roads?)

Trivia Tri Via Three Roads
I learned Jman is smart.

You can't imagine how long I'd have that up on the trivia board at the ski lift I worked at a couple years ago with no answer. The word "trivia" would be written right above the question. Sometimes I wouldn't get a right answer all day. :doh:
And I thought the alcoholism and suicide titles both belonged to Russia. :confused: Time to go learn some more...

LoveTractor said:
Trivia Tri Via Three Roads
I learned Jman is smart.

You can't imagine how long I'd have that up on the trivia board at the ski lift I worked at a couple years ago with no answer. The word "trivia" would be written right above the question. Sometimes I wouldn't get a right answer all day. :doh:
And I thought the alcoholism and suicide titles both belonged to Russia. :confused: Time to go learn some more...
Me not smart, me idiot savant. :D

I don't know for sure about Finland. Maybe Russia holds those records, and probably the smoking record too, but I think Finland is damn close. (And in fact fell under Russian influence for quite a while, didn't it? So maybe some connection?)

FineWynsFJ40

Eff-Jay-Farty

I learned that when hand sanding and wire brushing, no matter how much rust you get off, more grows right before your eyes and in places that are EVEN MORE hard to get to! :crybaby: :doh:

I learned that there is the point of diminishing return, and I got pissed off enough where I just sprayed the whole area w/ WD-40, wiped it off, then layed a couple coats of Iron Guard tractor enamel on the sucker and called it good. :mad: :mad:

:D

actually none of the *doctors* can boost my earning potential so not really brown nosing... i just think its funny to call old guys names (and not get my ass kicked)

beaufort-fj60 said:
i learned that tea is a brown noser

I learned how to work the vanishing point thing for perspective drawings in Visio.

I also learned that leaving a freshly rebuilt carb in your living room overnight makes the whole room smell like carb cleaner. :doh:

GetsUThere said:
I also learned that leaving a freshly rebuilt carb in your living room overnight makes the whole room smell like carb cleaner. :doh:
I learned awhile ago that leaving a open bucket of gas in the garage makes it really smell by the next morning, probably not all that safe either. However, leaving 2-3 open 5-gal containers of used oil does not smell at all.

I also learned that is you toss a can of brake-cleaner/carb-cleaner/wd40, etc into a box from a great distance it will go in, and will wedge itself and will spray all of the contents out into the box...nice.

I learned my friend owes her common-law-marriage husband $40K for the appreciation of their house.

I leaned when I'm busy I can not keep up on here.

I learned Doug is large and would scare me if I was entering a bar illegally, possibly enough that I would take my fake ID throw it at him and run in fear... :D

I learned that no matter how hard I work, and how correctly I do my job, factors beyond my control can make 4 major loan deals tank. The job tranfer to NorCal went to Montana instead, a house fell out of contract because they decided to build on a vacant lot instead, a grain silo I wasn't informed of makes a refi a commercial venture not residential, and inflated housing put a house out of reach. That's about $16-20k down the drain. Bye-bye. I need a different job.

NorCalDoug was a bouncer, but he looks plenty big enough to clean someone's clock, regardless of what CDan may think. :D

Bad-Religion-Au needs to avoid getting a tongue piercing. That or incur the wrath of the Gaydar toting Homo Patrol. :D Not that there's anything wrong with that. :D

Klier has a good looking kid. :cheers:

Brian likes pink with white polka dots. A lot. A whole lot. I wouldn't criticize him though. He has a grenade launcher. :D

I also learned that I still love the great State of West Dakota. :D

Noah said:

try the increased risk of wiping someone else out... sheesh...

i've never driven home drunk. hell i avoid driving the next day after a big night out just in case there is still alcohol in my system.

Top Bottom