1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What did you learn this weekend 7/16-17

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by BMAN, Jul 18, 2005.

1. BMAN

BMAN

Media:
    Albums:
    1) I learned that the horrible smell in the garage isn't always the trash can.

2) Once the suspect can is removed and the stench persists, start thinking about cats and varmints hidden in the garage somewhere.

3) The stench of rotting flesh in your 140 degree garage isn't neccesarily a dead cat or varmint either.

4) You should never plug both your air compressor and your garage freezer into the same circuit (during the hot summer months at least).

5) If you suspect that that horrible smell is permiatting from your non-running garage freezer, assume that this is the case and remove freezer from premises immiadiately.

6) DO NOT OPEN SUSPECT FREEZERS!

7) The foul stench permiatting from suspect freezers is always multiplied by 100 times if suspect freezers are opened.

8) Some smells no matter how tough you are will make you vomit instantly.

9) Those same stenches may attract unwanted attention when driving down the road with a suspect freezer in the back of your truck while looking for a proper location to dispose of rotting contents.

10) No amount of bleach will remove the horrible smell of death from a freezer that has been left closed with 40#'s of meat products inside to rot in 140 degree garages for 4 or 5 days.

2. trucruiser

trucruiser

Oh man this is funny, I did the exact same thing to my freezer and garage. Yeah talk about a putrid smell. Compressor and freezer on the same circuit did the job for me also.

3. IDave

IDave

Media:
    Albums:
    I learned it ain't easy to shoot a lil porcupine at dusk sitting under a rock wall behind thick weeds.

4. Biff

Biff

I learned that there will always be a leak on the cruiser and I have to deal with them one at a time.

5. beaufort-fj60

beaufort-fj60

Media:
    Albums:
    a 243 should fix that problem

6. LandCruiserPhil

LandCruiserPhil Peter Pan Syndrome Supporting Vendor

Media:
    Albums:

My first though was your 60 rotting away :flipoff2:

7. NorCalDoug

NorCalDoug problems solved daily...

I had around 20 pounds of steaks and other food spoil when I was in college. The fridge in our apartment died while we were on winter break. By the time we got back to the apartment a couple weeks later, everything had thawed and rotted.

MMMMmmmmmm...that was a nice smell to be welcomed back home to.

It took weeks to get that smell out of the place.

8. NorCalDoug

I learned that I sweat a TON when doing yard work in 105 * heat.

I'm glad that I was working on my sprinklers instead of digging holes.

9. Deep South Cruisers

Deep South Cruisers 1978 FJ40 ~ 283 V8

I learned that 94 degrees is the temperature at which all work should cease and I should be drinking beer in my son's kiddie pool.

Sardines garner some special merits of their own when left in a garbage can outside for 2 weeks.

10. stinkyfj60

stinkyfj60

I learned that my boss was a bigger ass than I thought after he tried to stop pay a payroll check of an employee who had just quit. She couldnt giver her two weeks because she knew he would make life harder than it had to be.

I learned I need to start looking for something else...

Jason

11. stinkyfj60

stinkyfj60

Now that is FUNNY! It reminds me of this elk season where I killed a bull on the last day of the season. I didnt have time to rinse out the blood from my Toy's bed in the morning before I went to class. I got strange looks from people around the truck, couldnt figure out why until I noticed a smear of elk blood on the tail gate...

Jason

12. e9999

e9999 You want to do what...? Moderator

I learned that folks on the 80 forum can't figure out how to vote on a multiple choice poll... :D
    -back to the 100 forum...!- :)

13. NorCalDoug

I learned that 100 series form moderators can't seem to figure out the nuances of multiple choice pools :D

14. masscrusher

masscrusher

I learned that vacations are overrated.

I am tired, stressed and annoyed. Same as work. At least at work I have control of what happens and how it happens.

I h8teenagers!

15. Gumby

Gumby Supamod Staff Member s-Moderator

Amen, brother. We came back two days early yesterday.

16. e9999

e9999 You want to do what...? Moderator

I learned that however true this may be, considering that I was talking about the blowees and the second part of the poll, and not some erring yet well-intentioned fellow Californican, my statement may still be correct, ergo, I double learned that mods are routinely abused, and that I should be paid twice what I make currently as a mod: *Double zilch!* :D

17. GetsUThere

GetsUThere

I learned that the ant killer I'm using in the yard seems not to kill ants so much as annoy them so that the move 3 feet away and start a new anthill.

I learned I should never plug my air compressor and freezer into the same circuit. I'm glad that I learned that here :)

18. Brentbba

Brentbba Former Golfer SILVER Star

I learned that your boss is truely a dick and doesn't know squat about labor laws!

19. swank60

swank60

I learned that I needed to pull my AC system apart (again) because some of the fittings had worked themselves loose. Taking it out and putting it together again was all it took to convince me to soak each joint in heavy-duty red loctite.

I learned that my son is hitting his terrible twos with a vengance.

I also learned that while it's much easier to take two girls to the park (ages 5 & 9) is much easier than taking my son (I was able to turn them loose, listen to my iPod and read until they got worn out), the ride to and from the park is filled with loud squealing as well as talk of princesses and Hilary Duff.

EDIT: I learned that 2 lbs of Mark's toffee will not make it through the weekend at my house. :D

20. re_guderian

re_guderian SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    Trade ya... 116 + 1 gal gatorade + 3 qts water and some NASTY laundry to do (wife's out of town :crybaby: ). But the yard looks great.