What did you do??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bambino840

Jive Turkey
SILVER Star
Threads
Been thinking we've been out of touch. I know a lot of you have accomplished truck upgrades or repairs lately. Here's a place to brag a little...

image.jpeg
I'll start . I've been working on fluffy quite a bit lately. Start of my 3" exhaust . Took Tyler's advice and ordered a CT26 flange at which time I'll use a mandrel 3" elbow and a short flex pipe.

I also got groovy
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

stuff we've done, or have been delayed in getting started?

Need to start, but weather and time haven't been on my side.

WIRES
PLUGS
DISTRIBUTOR CAP
FRONT SEAL

PHH

I wanted to get a pair of driving lights too.

I built a steady rest for my lathe. Needed to bore the inside of my 'Axle Splice' to receive a 2 part axle tube seal.
Looked around to buy one, but the one that is officially for my lathe is USD$210 and on back order, and other units of about the size I built go for ~800+ on ebay. I have a bunk of junk laying around, and built this for about $20 in extra parts I had to buy.... 1/4" brass rod that actually makes contact with the work piece. Surprisingly, this actually works really good!
Steady Rest.JPG

I recently ordered a stack of parts to get my whizzy air filter in. They aren't here yet but I think the delivery notice arrived. Maybe this weekend I'll tackle that and a snorkel.

I like it , keep it coming! Mayhaps sticky worthy!!!

Keep this post around awhile eh?

Boxing Day was fun, my dad and I went to Bambino's and installed his used 2.5" OME shocks and springs on the 80. Was a 2hr job with the hoist that I turned into 3 when I snapped a bolt head off, doh! It's riding great and stance is looking better!
image.jpg

Keep your old stuff. Steve may need shocks and springs for the rear of his runner and the 80 stuff fits the bill

Looks like it gained quite a bit of clearance . Good to hear it's working out.

IMGP2508.JPG IMGP2509.JPG IMGP2510.JPG Speaking of exhaust goodness, eliminate the bottleneck created by factory turbo turndown, notice the size difference in second pic? These are hilux bits but the concept applies to the ct26 just the same. I used schedule 40 tight radius 3" pipe elbows, they are constant radius so can be cut and welded at any point to maintain ID, (think mandrel bent) flanges are handmade, out of 5/8th plate on turbo side because i had some, and I believe 1/4 on bottom. End result was 100 degree F reduction in egts under all conditions. Not much some would say, but with an already marginal power plant, its worth it. Means I can hold more throttle up long hills compared to previous set up.

Nice!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom