What did you do with your truck this week? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BMThiker

I aim to misbehave
s-Moderator
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
I'm starting this thread to be a running story of what happened with you and your truck "this week". Not meant to replace the "build" threads or weekend trip reports. But if you don't want to start a whole thread over a small story, post it here. Maybe you did a little work on your truck or helped a friend move a piano. Whatever you did, post it up and if you've got pics, even better.

I'll start. I participated in the GA Tech auto show. It's a fun show designed to get students and alums that love their vehicles to come together and not a real serious affair. I did absolutely no prep work and only rinsed the mud off my wheels before showing up. There were about 8 trucks in the 4x4/Truck class and I got 3rd place. A 2009 4-dr Rubi with 37" BFG MT's took first and a '76 FJ40 in stock form took 2nd place. We brought a bunch of folding chairs and cooked hotdogs and drooled over the classic cars that showed up for the event. I posted some of my favorite shots in my photobucket.
GA Tech Auto Show 2010 pictures by catandrick - Photobucket
My favorite of the show was the Sunbeam Tiger. There was also a Rambling Wreck Racing Team Miata with a 1UZFE motor and tranny crammed into it. Here's my truck and our picnic setup behind it.
GTAS2010147.jpg

Post up your latest cruiser story.

I started painting the 40..... Hopefully will finish this week, and be running by weekend Lord willing and the Creek don't rise..

I finally rinced the rest of the Durhamtown mud out from under the 62. I have had a bad vibration since. That clay makes for some awesome wheel weights.

I am in the process of rebuilding the front axle in the Jeep. It's all apart now and repainted. Now just to get time to get it back together.

We got the springs swapped on Scott's 40 tonight also.

I drove the Hundy to ACC for some much needed suspension work.

I drove SORF for the first time since Nov. Started up on first crank. I keep thinking a V8 would be nice so I could keep up with the bikers in the mt's, and would probably do that when the F dies, but I just might not outlast it.

I worked on reinstalling my fridge in my FJC in a new location behind the driver's seat. I'll need to install some brackets to hold it down better but it is good enough for now.

I'm almost done installing soundproofing in the Pig. I need to do the doors and one more coat on the front floors and it will be time for a new windshield and headliner.

I looked for oil or other leaks under my 60 all weekend and could not find any....so guess I will move on to the next big thing! LOL

:flipoff2: Lucky man.

I can finally say that I don't have any leaks either - its awesome! All it took was a rebuilt motor and a new front pinion seal (if that is the right terminology).

I moved my fridge around in my FJ to behind the driver's seat and also put down more sound proofing in the Pig.

SORF needs to get out more!

That's a fact! Assuming I can get the motor mount fixed up sometime in the near future, and get my seats down here from Columbia, I'm considering driving it up to GSMTR... Somehow I think it will be stuck in the garage once again though. :crybaby:

I got your t-shirt from the HAMOM still. I'll leave it in SORF II this week. I already stopped by the shop and didn't have the shirt on me at the time. I'll just have to make an excuse to stop by again this week...beer-thirty is a fun time at the shop.:beer: Always running into someone I know or meeting someone new and swapping stories.

I got your t-shirt from the HAMOM still. I'll leave it in SORF II this week. I already stopped by the shop and didn't have the shirt on me at the time. I'll just have to make an excuse to stop by again this week...beer-thirty is a fun time at the shop.:beer: Always running into someone I know or meeting someone new and swapping stories.

Thanks Rick... forgot all about that! Did you take a look at the baby blue 40... it's a beaut!

I replaced all the copper gaskets/washers on the fuel lines of my 88 fj62. Been trying to figure out how to pick up the new shoes for her.... bled brakes, designed and planned rear storage

I picked up my 81 60 from RHT with a new gas tank.....

I am still working (almost daily) on the 87 60 frame swap (89 frame) which includes: frame/axle wire brushing/painting, re-greasing shackles, new ss brake lines, new hard brake lines, a front axle rebuild, transfer case rebuild, transmission rebuild, motor gasket replacement, dumped emissions, pinion seal replacement, new hoses/belts---and new tires...rear sway bar, remote gas door operator, lspv, repairing AC, I also did some design work on the new front and rear bumpers as well as sliders...

I put a new gas cap on the 60, after I drove away from the station with mine firmly planted on the roof. It didn't make it all the way to Burrells Ford :frown:

Installed even more soundproofing on the Pig. Finished the passenger front door. The difference is amazing from the passenger front (sound proofed) to the passenger rear (not sound proofed) when you knock on the outside of the door.

Helped paint some more, and was threatened by my HOA for running a business, namely a paint booth out of my garage. Wow, I have the worst business model ever, pay someone to do work and not make a penny off of it while ruining the floor of my garage... EXCELLENT IDEA!!! Damn nosey neighbors...

today I drilled/ground out the engine mount slots to put a 2f into an fj62 frame...

This weekend I had some assistance drilling/cutting out a broken skid plate bolt. I decided to just drill out the weld-nut in the frame and run a bolt all the way through the crossmember. The first drill bit seized and broke off in the hole, so we had to use the plasma cutter to get it out. Then I went up a drill bit size and smoothed it out. It worked like a charm and I got my skid back on more solidly. Still got one bolt in the rear to suss out, but the skid is on pretty solid for now.

Finished de-chroming the 62 then the next day... fuel leak!:mad:

After further inspection half of the grommets and o-rings on the injectors are torn.

Thanks to Rick @ Ralph Hayes Toyota for getting me new ones ordered!

separated the motor from the trans/transfer, got the motor on the stand, got the oil pan/side cover/timing gear cover off, got the motor mounts off the block and dry fitted them into the frame

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom