What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (27 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I recleaned my evaporator. It wasn't quite spotless enough. Sprayed with oven cleaner, waited 15 minutes and hosed off from the backside and rinsed the front. Looks brand new. Got so excited it blew it out with the air compressor and put it back in and drove around. Yeah, it was still damp and immediately fogged up my windows. But my LC now smells a cross between oven cleaner, lemons, and 235k/22yrs of human. Awesome! :)

Installing new passenger seat belt this morning.

She hadn't been driven for over a week so she was happy to get out last night.

You might want to replace that evaporator , the oven cleaner will take off the factory coating that keeps it from corroding.

A Fumoto value on an oil pan that is completely accessible is just plain lame. On an off-road vehicle even lamer.

I had one of these on the wife's old Legacy Wagon, worked great! Can you take a pic showing if and how much it hangs down from the bottom of the oil pan? I'd be a bit concerned wheeling with one incase it snagged something.

It won't get snagged unless you land in a spear. Too much in the way

A Fumoto value on an oil pan that is completely accessible is just plain lame. On an off-road vehicle even lamer.

Beg to differ. My oil change is crazy easy and I don't worry about getting any oil on me. To say it's lame because of accessibility isnt a strong argument against it.

Haters gonna hate I guess. I had no idea. I spend more time in the sand than the rocks so not too concerned. Rival camps!

You might want to replace that evaporator , the oven cleaner will take off the factory coating that keeps it from corroding.

This came recommended by other Mud members. And if I'm not mistaken the evaporator is made of aluminum so while it may corrode, it will take a while to do so. Also, as plugged as my evaporator was there was no getting it cleaned. Literally could not see through it at all. I'll look at replacing it next year after the front and rear main seals, oil pan gasket, head gasket... hahaha

How did it get warped? Thats the bumper I've been considering.

Warped from using the bull bar to pull from due to lack of tow points.

Warped from using the bull bar to pull from due to lack of tow points.
That's why you get these :rolleyes:

1416753576931.jpg

Cleaned and lubed my window channels. Worst window took 6.2 seconds to close....now 4.1!

I second that! My windows have been getting progressively slower. I think yesterday it was close to 78 seconds to roll up. Maybe only 10. But they definitely need to be cleaned and lubed.

Swapped in new motor mounts and Energy Suspension rear Swaybar bushings/mount..... the Mounts solved the Clunk I was getting over speed bumps..... a Cheap part but pain in the butt to get in there..... thankfully a buddy was willing to let me use his lift while his shop was closed for the weekend....

will get some pics once I get her cleaned up.....

I had to make some changes for myself mentally and physically, the 9 to 5 office job was driving me nuts. After looking at all options and trying to make some life changes for the past 15 years I was fortunate enough to be able to buy some time and retire at a relatively young age. How is this relevant to this thread?

My weekend is kind of all the time now, like my week consists of 6 Saturdays and a Sunday. I also needed to retire as my father and step mother are getting older and need more help as well as my mother in law. The family farm needs attention and the home place needs a lot of work. My full time job right now are pretty much focused on those things as well as being a husband and a father.

My morning commute is actually a bit longer but stress free. Going to the office took about 10 minutes and was just a few miles down the hill. The farm is about 8 miles north of town, 15 minute drive.

One of my recent Saturday commutes in the 80.

Snow drive.jpg
Snow drive2.jpg
Snow drive3.jpg

Last edited:
I had to make some changes for myself mentally and physically, the 9 to 5 office job was driving me nuts. After looking at all options and trying to make some life changes for the past 15 years I was fortunate enough to be able to buy some time and retire at a relatively young age. How is this relevant to this thread?

My weekend is kind of all the time now, like my week consists of 6 Saturdays and a Sunday. I also needed to retire as my father and step mother are getting older and need more help as well as my mother in law. The family farm needs attention and the home place needs a lot of work. My full time job right now are pretty much focused on those things as well as being a husband and a father.

My morning commute is actually a bit longer but stress free. Going to the office took about 10 minutes and was just a few miles down the hill. The farm is about 8 miles north of town, 15 minute drive.

One of my recent Saturday commutes in the 80.

View attachment 968768 View attachment 968769 View attachment 968770

If a Robert Frost poem had images, I think that's what it would look like! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom