What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (66 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Completed the basic structure of my aluminum roof rack and with craislist help have enough yakima feet to mount it. Also excercised all the lockers and wanting larger tires. Seattle is not always rainy, we surpassed 90 today:cheers:
lc 003.jpg
lc 005.jpg

Added a koso slim gauge so I can see the "actual" temperature.
d5e1faf5.jpg

Brake job. New rotors, pads, rebuilt calipers all the way around, followed by a brake fluid flush. Stops much better now.

Bought two Kobalt air/oil separators and associated fittings, one for each 80. Installed in one.

Added some door lights and convex mirrors to watch the kids in the backseats. Had 35% 3M color stable tint installed on all windows. Plastidipped the rear badges.
cruiser1-delete.jpg
cruiser2r.jpg
mirror.jpg

Built a rear storage platform. More info available at my build thread

DsPyb.jpg

duggy said:
Built a rear storage platform. More info available at my build thread

Link to build thread?

Drove 1970 miles from Reno Nevada back to Wisconsin only stopping for gas. I put 5700 miles on it in 12 days in a combination of on and off road driving.

700mi in last two weekends camping and exploring. Mt. Rainier Naional Park and parts of Central/Eastern Washington

That the same place I just was did MT. Rainer. very nice out there.

Got a chance to tear it up a bit at the South Jetty Dunes in Oregon. Was blast flying up the dunes. It was the first time I had the truck in the sand it does well for 6000 lbs plus truck.
lc sand.JPG

Got rid of the broken power antenna and installed a black rubber antenna. Much better and it actually looks cool!

Also installed some OEM Toyota side markers. What a PIA these were to install :bang:

IMAG1047-picsay.jpg

Got rid of the broken power antenna and installed a black rubber antenna. Much better and it actually looks cool!

Also installed some OEM Toyota side markers. What a PIA these were to install :bang:

How tough was it to install that antenna? Did you have to remove the fender to gain access? I've got to fix mine too.

How tough was it to install that antenna? Did you have to remove the fender to gain access? I've got to fix mine too.
It's not too bad. The hard part is getting the new cable to the radio. After removing the old unit, I cut the old wire then taped the new wire to it, using it as a "fish tape" to pull the new wire in to the dash. Getting the old and the new cable passed through the fender is the hard part. Once you pass the little opening it's smooth sailing.

pics?^^^^^^

Sorry, lol, I guess I put those pics on another thread. There's no visible difference from the shocks, of course, but here's the 3" OME Comp setup: [edit: I bought a cheap snorkel precleaner and then took it back off. It made a horrible noise at speeds over 55mph when my foot wasn't on the gas.The middle pic was taken today. The 1st and 3rd pics are from a week ago.]

IMG7047-X3.jpg

i-2LM5HsK-X3.jpg

i-Z66rPNR-X3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom